CBS Puts World’s Longest Flight Back in the Spotlight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frequent flyers and aviation enthusiasts are probably well aware that the world’s longest flight — Singapore 21, from Newark (EWR) to Changi Airport (SIN) — relaunched in October of last year. Those less tuned into the magical world of air travel, however, may not have had the faintest idea — until a special CBS segment aired on Sunday.
CBS viewers got to experience the nearly 19-hour Singapore Airlines journey during this morning’s five-minute network TV segment, detailing everything from the onboard seating configuration — including the lack of a “regular” economy class — to healthier meals designed specifically for this flight.
Reporter Kris Van Cleave and producer Christina Ruffini were both onboard the same Singapore 21 inaugural I covered for TPG back on October 12, 2018 — and worked their butts off the entire 18 or so hours to capture this episode for CBS — so I’ve been eagerly awaiting today’s airing.
While I’m not in any hurry to join the world’s longest flight again — 18 hours is an awfully long time to spend on a single aircraft, even with a private lie-flat seat in business class — it was certainly a thrill to relive the experience on TV.
For more on the world’s longest flight, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees