Buffalo airport’s only lounge opens Tuesday, and it’s Priority Pass
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are there any Buffalo fliers in the house? You’re in luck, because according to local media, Buffalo Niagara International Airport is getting its very own lounge. Even better? It’s in the Priority Pass network, so if you own a card that offers a membership, you’re good to go.
The lounge, called The Club, opens Tuesday morning. Officials conducted a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Monday. The space was developed by Airport Dimensions (formerly known as The Airport Lounge Development). The group, which has a number of business lounges at airports across the country, is a subsidiary of Priority Pass’ parent company Collinson Group.
Now, The Club, which joins 17 other lounges offered by Airport Dimensions, is due to become Buffalo’s only lounge. While it’s not on the Priority Pass website yet, it is otherwise live, and day passes are available to any passenger who do not have Priority Pass, for just $40. You can purchase single-use visits online, which are good for six months. AAA members are also entitled to a reduced-fee pass, though it’s not clear whether the discount can be applied online.
Originally set to launch in February 2019, the lounge’s grand opening was pushed back several months due to delays. The wait seems to be worth it, though, as The Club comes in at a massive 2,800 square feet and features private workspaces and food catered by Osteria 166, a local Italian restaurant. As is normal with Priority Pass lounges, food and drinks are complimentary and included with entry.
The space, which underwent a $1.6 million renovation, used to be the home of the American Airlines lounge. Prior to that it belonged to US Airways. Now, a five-year lease means that Buffalo based travelers will be in comfort for a while yet.
Located between gates 6 and 7 in the main terminal, the lounge is open from 4:00am to 8:00pm daily, so if you’re flying out early on the 24th you can be one of the very first visitors to enjoy the space.
Also worth noting is that access is only permitted three hours prior to scheduled flight departure. Infants under 2 are admitted free and all children must be accompanied by an adult.
Buffalo Airport is the busiest in New York state outside of the New York City area, serving five million passengers last year, so a lounge was sorely needed. In addition to Buffalo, Airport Dimensions has also opened lounges in Jacksonville and Charleston this year, with plans for more to come.
Featured image courtesy of The Club.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees