Brussels Airlines unveils new livery, confirms commitment to African network
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Brussels Airlines has unveiled an all new livery as it charts a course out of the pandemic to — hopefully — profitability.
The new livery features a fresh new font with the word “brussels” now more predominant, which the airline says cements its position as the home carrier of Belgium. Another change is the tailfin: gone is the dotted “b” for Brussels Airlines, replaced with a series of red, gray and blue dots of different sizes, which are to represent the diversity of both the customers, passengers and destinations of the airline.
Airbus A330 with registration number OO-SFH will be the first widebody aircraft in the fleet to be painted in the new livery by May 2022.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
There’s also the new tag line: “You’re in good company”.
“This new brand identity is a very logical step for Brussels Airlines. After years marked by so many changes, it is important to clarify and confirm our position in the market. We are changing into a new company, with new cabin interiors, digitized processes, fleet renewal with A320neo’s on the way, and much more to come. We created a more contemporary branding, one that is fit for our digital age, one that represents a reliable and modern airline,” explained Michael Moriaux, head of marketing at Brussels Airlines.
If the red and blue dotted design seems familiar, fellow Star Alliance airline Croatia Airlines has a similar design, albeit with different-sized squares on the tailfin, rather than circles.
Brussels Airlines has confirmed its commitment to their unique African route network, where the carrier has traditionally been very strong,. It serves an impressive 15 destinations in Africa alone, from Angola to the Ivory Coast to Cameroon.
While other airlines cut long-haul routes during the pandemic, Brussels Airlines continued to operate flights to Africa and is now playing up this unique route network is now a real strength of the airline. Among its fellow Lufthansa Group network airlines, Brussels Airlines now prides themselves on being the African experts of the group.
The airline’s unique long-haul route network also includes year-round flights to New York (JFK), and seasonal flights to Washington Dulles (IAD).
Featured image by Brussels Airlines
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees