Enter to Win a Flight With BLADE This Summer If You’re Younger Than 28
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the best parts of summer is getting away with your friends. For New York-based young professionals, weekend jaunts to the Hamptons and Nantucket are seemingly the norm. But one of the worst parts of those trips? The dreaded traffic and travel time required to get there. This summer, BLADE is hoping to take the pain out of that process.
BLADE, the aviation company known for its on-demand helicopter service, just launched BLADE-GX. For BLADE members 27 years old or younger, you can purchase BLADE-GX and get discounted flights between the NYC area and Nantucket or the Hamptons all summer long. Not only will GX get you discounted flights, but you’ll also have access to the BLADE lounges to start your journey before hopping on a BELL 407 helicopter.
The BLADE-GX service essentially allows you fly over the traffic below you to kickstart your summer weekend in the Hamptons or Nantucket the right way. BLADE-GX costs $295 and will grant you access to reduced pricing of flights between the NYC area and either of the two destinations — you’ll pay $645 per flights versus $795 for general BLADE members. With a savings of $150 per flight, GX flyers will save on their experience and comfort of flying rather than driving — the card pays for itself after just three flights.
To launch the service, TPG is partnering with BLADE to give away three BLADE-GX cards, with each winner also getting one free GX flight to the Hamptons or Nantucket. Each of the three prizes is worth $940 and will give you the chance to check out the BLADE experience for yourself. Trust us, it’ll make it hard to go back to driving to your destination. To enter the contest, be sure to follow BLADE on Instagram (@flyblade) and then comment below with where you’ll fly with your free flight — the Hamptons or Nantucket. We’ll select three winners at random on May 29, so make sure you enter by Monday, May 28 no later than 11:59pm ET. If you’re not yet a member of BLADE, you can receive $50 off your first flight when you sign up with the code BRIANF&F. You can view the official TPG sweepstakes rules here.
Keep in mind that there is an age limit to BLADE-GX. Flyers must be 27 years or younger in order to get GX. Also note that Nantucket flights depart and arrive from Westchester, rather than Manhattan, where flights to and from the Hamptons will operate. GX expires on December 31, 2018. If your Friday or Monday flight is canceled because of weather, BLADE says it’ll drive you to or from the Hamptons in a Porsche SUV. Summer is short, impress your friends and treat yourself after a long work week to the comfort of using BLADE.
Featured image courtesy of BLADE.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.