Bilt Rewards adds Amazon redemptions; earn 500 points after you link accounts and spend 1 point
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: TPG founder Brian Kelly is a Bilt advisor and investor.
Bilt Rewards is back with more news: It’s adding Amazon redemptions and offering members 500 bonus points to celebrate. This news comes just weeks after the New York-based company launched its own travel portal, which allows members to redeem Bilt Rewards points toward paid travel.
For more TPG points tips and news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The redemption value isn’t great, but Bilt is giving members 500 Bilt Rewards points to celebrate its new partnership. You can earn 250 Bilt Rewards points when you link your Bilt Rewards Mastercard to your Amazon account. Then, earn another 250 Bilt Rewards points when you redeem at least 1 point toward an Amazon purchase.
To link your accounts, head to Amazon’s Bilt Rewards landing page and follow the on-screen prompts to link your Bilt Rewards Mastercard to your Amazon account. Then, you can redeem points on Amazon at checkout. Just select your Bilt Mastercard as the payment method and enter how many points you’d like to apply to your purchase.
Like redeeming American Express Membership Rewards or Chase Ultimate Rewards points toward Amazon purchases, this isn’t a great deal. Bilt Rewards points are worth just 0.7 cents apiece toward Amazon purchases. That’s less than half of TPG’s valuation of 1.8 cents per point, and you can easily get more value when leveraging Bilt’s transfer partners like American Airlines AAdvantage and World of Hyatt.
Regardless, I recommend linking your Bilt Rewards Mastercard to your Amazon account and redeeming 1 point toward a purchase to earn the bonus. You’ll come out 499 points richer, worth just under $9 per TPG’s valuations, for minimal effort.
Featured photo courtesy of Bilt Rewards.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees