A peek behind the scenes at the Las Vegas airport, up to $50 off of Amazon and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
You can swap your skills for free accommodations in many places around the world.
We’re strategic about the way we maximize our credit card usage on key business expenses such as advertising.
The airline’s Boeing 787-8s and 787-9s will be the last planes to be retrofitted with the upgraded cabin configuration.
From working on the ground to piloting through the skies, Claudia Zapata-Cardone has done it all.
The planes have been out of commission for the better part of a year by now.
TPG’s director of content took her two little girls to a resort that boasted an unfinished water park, rooms with no pillows and nails haphazardly left beside the swimming pool. You can read the full review here.
You don’t have to be flying Turkish Airlines in order to access its lounge located in Concourse E.
‘Tis the season to be early on board: Alaska Airlines is offering advance boarding to passengers brandishing the coffee chain’s latest seasonal beverage container.
Here’s how you might be able to save up to $50 on Amazon using just one Amex Membership Rewards point
These deals are targeted, so click here to see if you’re eligible for the discount.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.