Bank of America’s ‘Museums on Us’ Returns for 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bank of America will be continuing its “Museums on Us” program in 2019. The program, which allows Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and U.S. Trust credit and debit cardholders free access to over 200 institutions, is entering its 22nd year.
Cardholders will receive free admission on the first full weekend of each month. Cardholders need only present their card and a photo ID to gain a free general admission. The promotion doesn’t include access to special exhibits, ticketed shows, or fundraising events. Free admission applies to the cardholder only, not to any additional guests.
2019 Weekend Dates:
- Jan 5-6
- Feb 2-3
- March 2-3
- April 6-7
- May 4-5
- June 1-2
- July 6-7
- Aug 3-4
- Sept 7-8
- Oct 5-6
- Nov 2-3
- Dec 7-8
If you find yourself strolling down 5th Ave in New York one of the dates you can slip into the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The collection at the Met is one of the best in the world, with just about any type of art and artifact you could imagine. The Met also houses a huge Egyptian collection that includes an entire temple that was gifted to the United States by Egypt.
If enjoying art “in the round” is more to your liking you will enjoy spending time at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The PMA is home to one of the largest collections of work by the sculpting master Rodin. The collection is one of the largest in the United States and includes work in both bronze and stone.
If pop art is more your style you can check out the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh as part of Bank of America’s program. Housing the largest collection of Warhol art anywhere in the world, a day spent here will certainly give you your pop art fix.
For cardholders, this long-running program is a great way to enjoy art and culture. Bank of America’s full list will let you see if any of your upcoming travels will have you visiting a destination that will allow you to take advantage of the program. Of course this is also a great way to check out any of your local museums that made the list for free as well.
Featured photo by Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees