How to get free museum access with Bank of America’s ‘Museums on Us’ program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Did you know you can get free entry at hundreds of museums around the country, by simply holding the right credit card?
That’s right: Bank of America’s “Museums on Us” program offers free general admission access at 225 cultural institutions in dozens of cities across the United States.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Museums on Us traditionally offers free admission to cultural institutions nationwide during the first full weekend of every month. It’s a great money-saving perk for anyone who holds a Bank of America, Merrill or Bank of America Private Bank (US Trust) credit or debit card, such as the Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card or the Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card.
The next eligible “Museums on Us” dates are this weekend — May 1 and 2.
There are dozens of interesting (and cool) spots to spend the day. And this program could save you a bit of cash, as some museums on the list, like the Met, cost $25 for a general admission ticket.
Keep in mind that, due to the coronavirus, you are encouraged to make a reservation before your museum visit.
How to get in for free
More than 200 museums, science centers and art galleries participate in the Bank of America Museums on Us program. To get in for free, simply visit on the first full weekend of each month and flash an eligible credit or debit card, along with a photo ID. With those bank cards, you’re eligible to receive one general admission ticket.
If you and your partner both have one of these cards, you’ll each need to present one to gain free entry. Note that most ticketed shows, special exhibits or fundraising events are excluded.
If you do have to shell out for additional tickets for other members of your group, be sure to use a credit card that rewards you for entertainment spending.
Featured photo by mura / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.