Bamboo Airways plans to launch 787-9 service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Vietnam’s Bamboo Airways wants to bring its 787s to Europe. The airline announced this week that it plans to launch nonstop service between Hanoi and Prague as of April 2020.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The airline said that it plans to launch service on the route using one of its new Boeing 787 Dreamliners, as reported by One Mile at a Time.
“We are working hard to quickly complete procedures, officially bringing Vietnam – Prague direct route into operation by Q2 2020 as expected”, Deputy General Director of Bamboo Airways Bui Quang Dung said in a press release.
Other than news that the airline intends to launch the route, there is very little information about what passengers can expect. For example, we don’t know what the price of tickets will look like or with how many frequencies the airline will operate the route on a weekly basis.
By the end of January 2020, the airline expects to have four wide-body aircraft in operation. With that fleet of wide-body aircraft, the airline said that one of its goals is to expand its route network to Europe.
Related reading: What it’s like to fly Vietnam’s newest airline: Bamboo Airways
Bamboo Airways’ 787-9s feature a three-class configuration: business, premium economy and economy. You can get a further look at the inside of the aircraft here. For now, the airline is flying the aircraft — it took delivery of its first in December 2019 — between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees