Bamboo Airways plans to launch 787-9 service
Vietnam’s Bamboo Airways wants to bring its 787s to Europe. The airline announced this week that it plans to launch nonstop service between Hanoi and Prague as of April 2020.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The airline said that it plans to launch service on the route using one of its new Boeing 787 Dreamliners, as reported by One Mile at a Time.
“We are working hard to quickly complete procedures, officially bringing Vietnam – Prague direct route into operation by Q2 2020 as expected”, Deputy General Director of Bamboo Airways Bui Quang Dung said in a press release.
Other than news that the airline intends to launch the route, there is very little information about what passengers can expect. For example, we don’t know what the price of tickets will look like or with how many frequencies the airline will operate the route on a weekly basis.
By the end of January 2020, the airline expects to have four wide-body aircraft in operation. With that fleet of wide-body aircraft, the airline said that one of its goals is to expand its route network to Europe.
Related reading: What it’s like to fly Vietnam’s newest airline: Bamboo Airways
Bamboo Airways’ 787-9s feature a three-class configuration: business, premium economy and economy. You can get a further look at the inside of the aircraft here. For now, the airline is flying the aircraft — it took delivery of its first in December 2019 — between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.