Bahamas gets first international TSA PreCheck location
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for one of the easiest foreign countries in the world to visit? For ease in negotiating international travel, it’s going to be hard to beat the Bahamas for the foreseeable future (at least on the flight home).
At the end of February, the Transportation Security Administration expanded its PreCheck expedited screening program to an international location for the first time by adding Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS) in Nassau.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The Bahamas was already one of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s 16 international preclearance locations. Available in select airports in Canada, the Caribbean, Ireland and the United Arab Emirates, these locations allow travelers to clear customs before boarding U.S.-bound flights. Travelers leaving those airports simply deplane after landing in the U.S. and proceed without any additional screening.
Related: 7 reasons to get TSA PreCheck now
Now, passengers who already have TSA PreCheck status can speed through customs in Nassau with the first non-U.S. PreCheck departure point.
“This has been an excellent partnership throughout the trial period at Lynden Pindling International Airport, and it serves as a model for further extending TSA PreCheck,” said TSA Administrator David Pekoske at a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
The TSA has not announced plans for additional international PreCheck locations.
In the U.S. and now the Bahamas, here are our favorite reasons why TSA PreCheck will change your travel game — and why you should enroll or renew your membership, especially now.
Featured photo of Great Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas by XabiTovar/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees