British Airways introduces new blanket and pillow for long-haul economy passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the new soft product enhancements, long-haul economy passengers can expect a new blanket option, as well as a new cushion and headrest cover.
Among the updated products, economy passengers can expect a bright blue cushion with a herringbone design, as well as a blue blanket. In addition, BA is refreshing the headrest covers on economy seats, featuring a bright white design.
The new soft product offering is available on all long-haul British Airways flights to and from London Heathrow (LHR). As of March 1, the airline will operate all long-haul flights to and from London Gatwick (LGW) with the updated offering.
As of early January, BA was offering the old product in economy, which featured a white cushion and brown blanket. The new offering — at least aesthetically — appears to be a nice improvement.
Along with the inflight changes, BA is also trialling a new advancement in some of its lounges. In both its San Francisco and Newark lounges, the airline is testing an automated cocktail maker, which will dispense one of 30 cocktail choices in less than 45 seconds. The trial will be available in the two U.S. airports until March.
These enhancements in the economy cabin are the latest part of the airline’s passenger experience investments. Above all as part of that initiative, BA has invested in new aircraft, such as the A350, which features three new cabins: Club Suite, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller.
Featured photo courtesy of British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees