British Airways introduces new blanket and pillow for long-haul economy passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the new soft product enhancements, long-haul economy passengers can expect a new blanket option, as well as a new cushion and headrest cover.
Among the updated products, economy passengers can expect a bright blue cushion with a herringbone design, as well as a blue blanket. In addition, BA is refreshing the headrest covers on economy seats, featuring a bright white design.
The new soft product offering is available on all long-haul British Airways flights to and from London Heathrow (LHR). As of March 1, the airline will operate all long-haul flights to and from London Gatwick (LGW) with the updated offering.
As of early January, BA was offering the old product in economy, which featured a white cushion and brown blanket. The new offering — at least aesthetically — appears to be a nice improvement.
Along with the inflight changes, BA is also trialling a new advancement in some of its lounges. In both its San Francisco and Newark lounges, the airline is testing an automated cocktail maker, which will dispense one of 30 cocktail choices in less than 45 seconds. The trial will be available in the two U.S. airports until March.
These enhancements in the economy cabin are the latest part of the airline’s passenger experience investments. Above all as part of that initiative, BA has invested in new aircraft, such as the A350, which features three new cabins: Club Suite, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller.
Featured photo courtesy of British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.