Calling all overpackers: Away now has expandable hard-sided suitcases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, Away welcomed its new Flex line of polycarbonate suitcases — the first expandable hard-sided options for the brand.
The luggage comes in four sizes, including the Carry-On Flex, the Bigger Carry-On Flex, the Medium Flex and the Large Flex, with carry-on sizes expanding up to an additional 2.25 inches and the medium and large sizes expanding up to an extra 1.75 inches.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“This is the brand’s first-ever expandable hard-sided offering, serving as the perfect option for those who prefer the durability of Away’s polycarbonate shell, while simultaneously looking to maximize their luggage space with the added expandability feature,” the company said in a statement.
The bags also come in a selection of four colors — black, coast (light blue), navy and pink — and they offer standard Away features, such as TSA-approved locks, spinner wheels, a hidden laundry bag and an interior compression system that helps travelers fit even more inside.
Away’s Flex suitcases join the brand’s existing Expandable collection of soft-sided luggage, which comes in the same sizes as the Flex line and offers a choice of four colors: black, navy, green and asphalt.
As is the case with all Away products, the bags in the Flex and Expandable collections come with a 100-day trial period, along with free shipping and returns if you decide within those 100 days that your new suitcase isn’t for you. Most Away luggage also comes with a lifetime warranty.
Featured photo courtesy of Away.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees