Amex Platinum Card Available With a 60k Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is one of the best premium credit cards out there, thanks to a long list of benefits, a strong earning rate for flights and a solid welcome bonus.
Currently, you can earn 60,000 Amex Membership Rewards points when you spend $5,000 in the first three months. Based on TPG’s valuations, that bonus is worth $1,200. TPG’s valuation of Amex points takes into account the Membership Reward’s program’s selection of transfer partners, including Avianca, Etihad, Hilton and Singapore Airlines, and the variety of redemptions they offer.
The Amex Platinum has a $550 annual fee, which can definitely lead to some sticker shock, but when you dive into its mile-long list of benefits it’s easy to see how you can recoup that value:
- 5x points on flights booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel
- 5x points on prepaid hotels booked through Amex Travel
- $200 annual airline fee credit
- Up to $15 in Uber credits each month, with a $20 bonus in December
- Up to $100 in credits at Saks per calendar year (allotted as up to $50 for January to June and up to $50 for July to December)
- Airline lounge access, including Centurion Lounge access, American Express International Lounge access, Priority Pass lounge access, Airspace Lounge access and Delta Sky Club access when you’re flying with Delta
- Application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Gold status with Hilton and Marriott
- Elite-like benefits when you book a stay through Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Terms apply
That’s perhaps the most exhaustive list of perks available among premium credit cards, so if you can put many of these to use, the Amex Platinum could be well worth a place in your wallet.
While the current standard welcome offer is 60,000 points, it’s worth checking to see if you’re eligible for a 100,000-point bonus through the CardMatch tool. This higher offer is targeted and subject to change at any time so your mileage may vary, but if you indeed score the 100k bonus, you’re looking at $2,000 in value based on TPG’s valuations.
For more info about the Amex Platinum, see these posts:
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees