Amex Platinum Cardholders Have 2 New Airport Lounge Options
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The best credit card for airport lounge access is hands down The Platinum Card® from American Express. On top of a Priority Pass membership and access to its own network of Centurion Lounges, cardholders also can enter a number of unaffiliated lounges like the Air Space Lounge in Cleveland and Plaza Premium Lounge in London Heathrow.
One of these lounges, The Escape Lounge, has opened up a new location in a state without any (public) airport lounges. Last week, Escape opened up a lounge in T.F. Green Airport in Providence Rhode Island (PVD). It becomes the first “public” lounge at the airport (there’s a Military Lounge operated by the Rhode Island Military Organization for the use of all members of the military and their families).
This is the thirteenth lounge in Escape’s network. It also has locations in Oakland (OAK), Minneapolis (MSP), Hartford (BDL) in addition to other international locations like London Stansted (STN).
The space features hot and cold food and beverages and our review of the Oakland outpost gave high marks for the dining options. Some beer, wine and rail drinks are complimentary while more premium choices will cost extra.
Like other lounges, you’ll have access to extra power outlets, free Wi-Fi and seating while you kill time before your flight.
The space appears small, but it’s still nice that Providence finally has a lounge that non-military members can access, especially considering the airport’s traffic continues to grow. It saw nearly 4 million passengers in 2017 and has recently added international flights operated by Norwegian and domestic routes by Frontier.
Escape also just opened a second lounge in Southern California’s Ontario International Airport Terminal 4 on Monday and plans on opening five other locations this year. Escape has another space in Ontario’s Terminal 2 that opened earlier this year.
All Escape Lounges are accessible if you have a hold The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express or the Amex Centurion Card. Those cardholders can also bring two guests with them for free.
If you don’t have an eligible card you can pay $40 to enter if you pre-book a visit or $45 for a walk-up visit.
Featured image courtesy of Ontario Airport / Twitter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees