Amex Offer: Get a $10 Statement Credit After Spending $15 With Uber or Uber Eats (Targeted)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Holders of The Platinum Card® from American Express already enjoy $200 in annual Uber credits, but it appears that Amex is now throwing some of its other card members a bone. Certain cards now show an alluring offer for those who lean on ride-sharing services to get from point to point: If you spend $15 or more with Uber or Uber Eats, you’ll get $10 back via a statement credit.
We’ve seen the offer hit on a Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, but not on a Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express. It appears to be a targeted offer, so login to your Amex account via the web or app and check for it in the Amex Offers & Benefits section.
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
You’ll need to enroll in the perk first, then use your enrolled card to spend a minimum of $15+ in one or more transactions with Uber or Uber Eats by March 31, 2019. (Of note: This is not valid for international rides, and it excludes gift cards and Uber Bike transactions.)
The terms and conditions state that the offer is limited to one enrolled card per cardmember across all Amex offer channels. In addition, you must pay directly with the enrolled card in the Uber app — third-party payments like Apple Pay won’t count.
If you were targeted for the offer on your Platinum Card® from American Express, also note that the offer likely can stack with the annual Uber credits that come as a benefit of the card. So, if you receive the offer across multiple cards, the Platinum Card would make the most sense to add it to, as you’ll also get $15 in Uber credits to use every month (except in December, when you’ll get $35).
All photos by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.