This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As the holidays approach, American Express has released some solid Amex Offers that can really ramp up your family’s point balances or save you some money in the form of statement credits on purchases charged to your American Express cards.
A new offer available today on some Amex cards awards 3,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you spend $300 in one or more transactions either online or in-store at Best Buy in the US or US Territories by Dec. 31. TPG values 3,000 Amex Membership Reward points at $57. There is no doubt this offer will be popular, so I recommend adding it to your card right away if it is available in your account before it disappears.
I had this offer available on my Platinum Card® from American Express, but there are reports of this offer being available on a variety of Amex cards. There is also a version out there that awards a $30 statement credit instead of 3,000 bonus Membership Rewards points, but if you value the points as we do, then I would add the 3,000 bonus points version of the offer as it is more valuable.
To add the offer to your Amex card, log in to your American Express account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section (you may need to click “Load More” to see the offer). Amex Offers are targeted, so it’s possible your card won’t be eligible for the promotion. Check out the video below for everything you need to know about finding and using Amex Offers.
Even if you don’t need any electronics or other Best Buy-type gadgets, note that most Best Buy stores also sell retailer gift cards to place like Amazon, Disney, Southwest Airlines and much more. The terms state that e-gift cards are not eligible for this offer, but does not rule out purchasing in-store gift cards.
If you shop online, be sure and stack the savings from this offer with earning as many miles and points as possible as you run down your holiday shopping list by utilizing current airline shopping site bonuses. You can also check out our Guide to Maximizing Holiday Purchases.
Featured image by Nikki Kahn/The Washington Post via Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees