Last chance: 50% bonus when you transfer Amex points to Hilton
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
If you’re a Hilton fan, you may want to check your American Express accounts before you start your day. That’s because we’re seeing possibly targeted transfer bonuses of up to 50%, but hurry up because this transfer bonus expires today!
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Normally, Amex points transfer to Hilton at a 1:2 ratio, which means one Membership Rewards point grants you 2 Hilton points. This normally isn’t the best usage of Amex points, since TPG values Amex points at 2 cents apiece and Hilton Honors points at just 0.6 cents apiece.
If you’re targeted for the 50% bonus, you’re instead transferring at a rate of 1:3. That’s better, but it still falls short of a good value for your Membership Rewards points.
However, if you do find yourself needing to transfer — say, to top up an account before a redemption — then this could be the time to do it. For instance, TPG’s Clint Henderson decided to use some Amex points, along with his Hilton balance, to get a room for one night at the Conrad Bora Bora. He transferred 32,000 Amex points to his Hilton account which turned into 96,000 Hilton points thanks to the bonus.
Normally, TPG doesn’t recommend transferring Amex points to Hilton, but in this case, it would have been more than $1,000 to stay there so he decided to take the reduced redemption, blowing 330,000 Hilton points for one night’s stay.
This offer could be a good way to utilize Hilton’s fifth-night free perk. Hilton allows all of its elite members to get the fifth night free on award stays. This isn’t just available to upper-tier elite members; Silver, Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors travelers can utilize this perk. Remember that you can achieve Hilton’s lowest status tier, Silver, simply by holding the no-annual-fee Hilton Honors American Express Card (See Rates & Fees)
Note that this offer expires on April 14, 2020, so if you have points to transfer you may want to do it sooner than later.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card: Best for no annual fee (see rates & fees)
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card: Best for occasional Hilton travelers
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Best for small business owners
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express: Best for frequent Hilton guests
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
These are some of the best card options for frequent Hilton customers, earning between 7x-14x points per dollar on eligible purchases at participating Hilton properties. Furthermore, all Hilton credit card members enjoy complimentary elite status, even cardholders with the no-annual-fee Hilton card.
Featured image of Conrad Bora Bora courtesy of Summer Hull/The Points Guy
For rates and fees of the Hilton Honors Amex card, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees