Amex cardholders can save up to 10% on their next Etihad flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Etihad Airways is offering American Express cardholders the chance to save on their next flights with the airline with up to a 10% discount. This offer is similar to one from Emirates just last week, where you can get up to $1,000 off round-trip flights departing the U.S. by using the promotion code USAMX19.
Here’s what you need to know about the Etihad promotion.
You’ll first need to visit etihad.com/usamexcampaign and enter the first four digits of your American Express Card. Cardholders can save up to 10% on base fares on Economy Saver, Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Saver, Business Classic, Business Flex and First fares, excluding child and infant fares. You must book your flights by Feb. 29, 2020 and note that the discount applies to the base fare only and is exclusive of taxes, fees and surcharges.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Keep in mind that this promotion is valid on one-way and round-trip fares only and does not apply to multicity destinations or stopovers. You will know if your itinerary is eligible for the promotion, as it will be clearly indicated by a yellow star. Occasionally, Economy Class fares categorized as Economy Deal may be available for sale and those flights may actually be cheaper.
That discount will not apply to this promotion, but you can still book through this current web portal. Note that your departure city doesn’t have to originate in the U.S., as I was able to find London (LHR) to Abu Dhabi (AUH).
To search, head to Etihad’s website and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Cost: $967+ round-trip
Travel Dates: Now through April 30, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York-JFK to Abu Dhabi (AUH) for $967 round-trip in economy:
Paris (CDG) to Abu Dhabi (AUH) for 2,587 euro ($2,865) one-way in business class:
Featured photo courtesy of Etihad.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.