Amex cardholders can save up to 10% on their next Etihad flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Etihad Airways is offering American Express cardholders the chance to save on their next flights with the airline with up to a 10% discount. This offer is similar to one from Emirates just last week, where you can get up to $1,000 off round-trip flights departing the U.S. by using the promotion code USAMX19.
Here’s what you need to know about the Etihad promotion.
You’ll first need to visit etihad.com/usamexcampaign and enter the first four digits of your American Express Card. Cardholders can save up to 10% on base fares on Economy Saver, Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Saver, Business Classic, Business Flex and First fares, excluding child and infant fares. You must book your flights by Feb. 29, 2020 and note that the discount applies to the base fare only and is exclusive of taxes, fees and surcharges.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Keep in mind that this promotion is valid on one-way and round-trip fares only and does not apply to multicity destinations or stopovers. You will know if your itinerary is eligible for the promotion, as it will be clearly indicated by a yellow star. Occasionally, Economy Class fares categorized as Economy Deal may be available for sale and those flights may actually be cheaper.
That discount will not apply to this promotion, but you can still book through this current web portal. Note that your departure city doesn’t have to originate in the U.S., as I was able to find London (LHR) to Abu Dhabi (AUH).
To search, head to Etihad’s website and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Cost: $967+ round-trip
Travel Dates: Now through April 30, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York-JFK to Abu Dhabi (AUH) for $967 round-trip in economy:
Paris (CDG) to Abu Dhabi (AUH) for 2,587 euro ($2,865) one-way in business class:
Featured photo courtesy of Etihad.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees