Amex cardholders can save up to 10% on their next Etihad flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Etihad Airways is offering American Express cardholders the chance to save on their next flights with the airline with up to a 10% discount. This offer is similar to one from Emirates just last week, where you can get up to $1,000 off round-trip flights departing the U.S. by using the promotion code USAMX19.
Here’s what you need to know about the Etihad promotion.
You’ll first need to visit etihad.com/usamexcampaign and enter the first four digits of your American Express Card. Cardholders can save up to 10% on base fares on Economy Saver, Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Saver, Business Classic, Business Flex and First fares, excluding child and infant fares. You must book your flights by Feb. 29, 2020 and note that the discount applies to the base fare only and is exclusive of taxes, fees and surcharges.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Keep in mind that this promotion is valid on one-way and round-trip fares only and does not apply to multicity destinations or stopovers. You will know if your itinerary is eligible for the promotion, as it will be clearly indicated by a yellow star. Occasionally, Economy Class fares categorized as Economy Deal may be available for sale and those flights may actually be cheaper.
That discount will not apply to this promotion, but you can still book through this current web portal. Note that your departure city doesn’t have to originate in the U.S., as I was able to find London (LHR) to Abu Dhabi (AUH).
To search, head to Etihad’s website and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Cost: $967+ round-trip
Travel Dates: Now through April 30, 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline) or American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York-JFK to Abu Dhabi (AUH) for $967 round-trip in economy:
Paris (CDG) to Abu Dhabi (AUH) for 2,587 euro ($2,865) one-way in business class:
Featured photo courtesy of Etihad.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees