American Airlines’ Dallas Flagship Lounge to Open May 16
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines opened 15 new gates at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport this past week. The new gates were part of a larger renovation of the airport’s Terminal E satellite gates, a small facility located off the main terminal. In addition to the new gate area, which features the popular Whataburger chain, American Airlines also announced the opening of the airline’s long-awaited flagship lounge, which will open its doors to select passengers traveling through Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) on May 16.
At 24,570 square feet, the DFW lounge will be slightly smaller than American’s flagship lounge in Miami (~29,000 sf) but larger than both the Chicago and Los Angeles locations, which measure 14,500 sf and 17,000 sf, respectively.
The Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining areas cater to the airline’s top-tier elite frequent flyers as well as select premium cabin passengers. The new lounge and dining room are located in Terminal D, which houses the airport’s international arrivals as well as the majority of international departures. Terminal D is the airport’s newest terminal, having opened in 2005.
The brand-new space at DFW will likely feature décor similar to that found at the airline’s existing flagship lounge facilities. Additionally, amenities will include a selection of hot and cold buffet options, made-to-order dishes at action stations, premium wine, spirits and liquors, and showers. Select passengers who receive access to the Flagship First Dining facility located within the lounge will be able to enjoy a sit-down restaurant-style experience featuring made-to-order plates, including items inspired by local cuisine.
Unfortunately, unlike other airline lounges, access to American’s flagship lounge is restricted to top-tier elites and select premium cabin passengers. Access to Flagship Dining is even harder to come by, with only select elite frequent flyers and select international first class passengers receiving access.
Here is a list of travelers eligible to access the Flagship Lounge and Flagship Dining facilities:
- Concierge Key members are allowed access, regardless of class of service and itinerary. Guest access for Concierge Key members includes immediate family or two guests.
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members can access on qualifying international flights, regardless of class of service. Exec Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members cannot access on solely North American itineraries.
- Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members are allowed access if departing or connecting to any flight marketed or operated by AA or a Oneworld partner, regardless of cabin. Emerald and Sapphire members can bring in one guest.
- Flagship Dining Access: Eligible passengers include those traveling in Flagship® First on American’s three-class international flights. Qualifying international flights include flights between the US and Asia, Australia, Europe, and South America. Travelers who are on eligible international itineraries are allowed to bring one guest.
For those unable to access to the flagship lounge, American Airlines will also open a renovated Admiral’s Club in Terminal D. Access to American’s Admiral’s Clubs is far less restricted with day-passes available and access for select credit card holders, including the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®.
This week, The Points Guy team will travel to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport to experience the lounge firsthand. Be sure to keep up with TPG for a first look at the new American Airlines Flagship Lounge and Flagship Dining space at DFW in the coming days.
Disclaimer: The author of this post is related to a flight attendant who works for American Airlines.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image of American Airlines Flagship Lounge at New York-JFK by Max Prosperi/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees