American Airlines Temporarily Operating Airbus A321T Between LAX and Miami
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines has added the airline’s Airbus A321T on flights between Los Angeles and Miami this winter, as reported by One Mile At A Time. From December 18, 2019 through January 6, 2020, American will operate two of the airline’s up to nine daily flights between Los Angeles and Miami using the Airbus A321T, which is configured for American’s premium transcontinental routes. During this same period, American will reduce the number of flights the airline offers between San Francisco and New York-JFK, a route operated solely with the Airbus A321T.
American Airlines A321T Flights Between Los Angeles and Miami
- AA1473 Los Angeles ⇒ Miami, Departs at 9:40 a.m., Arrives at 5:52 p.m.
- AA914 Miami ⇒ Los Angeles, Departs at 10:12 a.m., Arrives at 12:47 p.m.
- AA914 Los Angeles ⇒ Miami, Departs at 2:05 p.m., Arrives at 10:22 p.m.
- AA2289 Miami ⇒ Los Angeles, Departs at 7:45 p.m., Arrives at 10:25 p.m.
This is great news for travelers as the Airbus A321T is American’s most passenger-friendly narrow-body aircraft. The Airbus A321T features 10 seats in first class configured in a 1-1 layout, 20 seats in business class in a 2-2 configuration, and just 72 seats in the main cabin in a standard 3-3 configuration. Of those 72 seats in the main cabin, 36 seats are branded as Main Cabin Extra and offer enhanced legroom with passengers receiving free premium drinks.
Unfortunately, this move does not appear to be permanent, as American Airlines’ schedule does not show the A321T operating flights between Los Angeles and Miami beyond January 6.
Additionally, passengers hoping to book a seat in first or business class aboard the A321T between Los Angeles and Miami will have to wait. A quick search on AA.com shows no premium cabin award availability on these flights at the moment.
American Airlines tells TPG that its Flagship Service will be offered onboard these flights. Aside from the standard Flagship Service amenities in flight, first-class customers receive access to American’s Flagship Lounge and Dining options while business-class flyers have access into the Flagship Lounge.
This story has been updated with the correct information about American’s Flagship Service offerings onboard the LAX-Miami Flights.
Featured image by Kevin Song/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.