American Airlines Temporarily Operating Airbus A321T Between LAX and Miami
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines has added the airline’s Airbus A321T on flights between Los Angeles and Miami this winter, as reported by One Mile At A Time. From December 18, 2019 through January 6, 2020, American will operate two of the airline’s up to nine daily flights between Los Angeles and Miami using the Airbus A321T, which is configured for American’s premium transcontinental routes. During this same period, American will reduce the number of flights the airline offers between San Francisco and New York-JFK, a route operated solely with the Airbus A321T.
American Airlines A321T Flights Between Los Angeles and Miami
- AA1473 Los Angeles ⇒ Miami, Departs at 9:40 a.m., Arrives at 5:52 p.m.
- AA914 Miami ⇒ Los Angeles, Departs at 10:12 a.m., Arrives at 12:47 p.m.
- AA914 Los Angeles ⇒ Miami, Departs at 2:05 p.m., Arrives at 10:22 p.m.
- AA2289 Miami ⇒ Los Angeles, Departs at 7:45 p.m., Arrives at 10:25 p.m.
This is great news for travelers as the Airbus A321T is American’s most passenger-friendly narrow-body aircraft. The Airbus A321T features 10 seats in first class configured in a 1-1 layout, 20 seats in business class in a 2-2 configuration, and just 72 seats in the main cabin in a standard 3-3 configuration. Of those 72 seats in the main cabin, 36 seats are branded as Main Cabin Extra and offer enhanced legroom with passengers receiving free premium drinks.
Unfortunately, this move does not appear to be permanent, as American Airlines’ schedule does not show the A321T operating flights between Los Angeles and Miami beyond January 6.
Additionally, passengers hoping to book a seat in first or business class aboard the A321T between Los Angeles and Miami will have to wait. A quick search on AA.com shows no premium cabin award availability on these flights at the moment.
American Airlines tells TPG that its Flagship Service will be offered onboard these flights. Aside from the standard Flagship Service amenities in flight, first-class customers receive access to American’s Flagship Lounge and Dining options while business-class flyers have access into the Flagship Lounge.
This story has been updated with the correct information about American’s Flagship Service offerings onboard the LAX-Miami Flights.
Featured image by Kevin Song/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees