Top elite American Air flyers to receive priority gate check on regional jet flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever flown on smaller regional jets such as the Bombardier CRJs and Embraer ERJs, you understand an inconvenient truth: your standard carry-on suitcase will not fit into those tiny overhead bins. That means you have to leave your bag on a cart in front of the plane and wait to pick it up when you disembark.
But now if you have American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or ConciergeKey status, the wait to get your bag off an American Eagle flight just got quicker, reports View from the Wing.
Related reading: Exploring the American Airlines ConciergeKey Website
On Nov. 11, 2019, American Airlines will start offering to its elite flyers special yellow tags — dubbed Priority Valet — which will alert ground crew to remove those bags from the aircraft first. It covers American Eagle flights operated by CRJ-200/700/900 and Embraer 140/145 aircraft, reports View from the Wing.
American Airlines does not release any details about its exclusive ConciergeKey status program, but this TPG story outlines what members receive including: dedicated customer service phone lines; Flagship check-in Chicago O’Hare (ORD), London Heathrow (LHR), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA) and New York-JFK; a car ride to help you meet tight connections; a free Admirals Club airport lounge membership; top-priority upgraded and preboarding; and invitations to exclusive events.
AAdvantage Executive Platinum member benefits include: four one-way systemwide upgrades; complimentary auto-requested upgrades; 100-hour upgrade window; 120% elite mileage bonus; complimentary Main Cabin Extra and preferred seats; and three free checked bags.
Featured image by Eric Salard / Flickr
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees