Top elite American Air flyers to receive priority gate check on regional jet flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve ever flown on smaller regional jets such as the Bombardier CRJs and Embraer ERJs, you understand an inconvenient truth: your standard carry-on suitcase will not fit into those tiny overhead bins. That means you have to leave your bag on a cart in front of the plane and wait to pick it up when you disembark.
But now if you have American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or ConciergeKey status, the wait to get your bag off an American Eagle flight just got quicker, reports View from the Wing.
Related reading: Exploring the American Airlines ConciergeKey Website
On Nov. 11, 2019, American Airlines will start offering to its elite flyers special yellow tags — dubbed Priority Valet — which will alert ground crew to remove those bags from the aircraft first. It covers American Eagle flights operated by CRJ-200/700/900 and Embraer 140/145 aircraft, reports View from the Wing.
American Airlines does not release any details about its exclusive ConciergeKey status program, but this TPG story outlines what members receive including: dedicated customer service phone lines; Flagship check-in Chicago O’Hare (ORD), London Heathrow (LHR), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA) and New York-JFK; a car ride to help you meet tight connections; a free Admirals Club airport lounge membership; top-priority upgraded and preboarding; and invitations to exclusive events.
AAdvantage Executive Platinum member benefits include: four one-way systemwide upgrades; complimentary auto-requested upgrades; 100-hour upgrade window; 120% elite mileage bonus; complimentary Main Cabin Extra and preferred seats; and three free checked bags.
Featured image by Eric Salard / Flickr
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.