America remembers 9/11 – photos from across the country
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Nineteen years ago today, the world changed forever when Al Qaeda terrorists struck New York, near Shanksville, Pennsylvania and Washington D.C. using airplanes as weapons. The U.S. airline industry, and the country as a whole, has never been the same.
Today at Ground Zero in Manhattan, former Vice President Joe Biden — the Democratic presidential nominee — and current Vice President Mike Pence, a Republican, both made appearances. The two men even exchanged what appeared to be a friendly greeting.
President Donald Trump was at Shanksville Friday morning laying a wreath and speaking at a memorial for the 44 people killed when flight 93 crashed into a field after being hijacked after takeoff from Newark International Airport (EWR).
Biden was at Shanksville a little later in the day, and even delivered beers to a local fire department.
Here’s how the country marked the solemn anniversary in photographs taken from across the country.
Featured photo by Photo by LT Photo/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.