Alaska Begins Selling Flights From Paine Field, Boeing’s Everett Home
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alaska Airlines announced Thursday that tickets are on sale for 18 daily nonstop flights between Paine Field-Snohomish County Airport (PAE) in Everett, Washington, and eight West Coast cities.
Service is scheduled to start Feb. 11, 2019, subject to government approval, between Everett’s Paine Field and Las Vegas (LAS). Flights to other destinations will roll out not long thereafter: Los Angeles (LAX), Orange County (SNA), Phoenix (PHX), Portland (PDX), San Diego (SAN), San Francisco (SFO) and San Jose (SJC).
I’ll be touring the new passenger terminal this morning for The Points Guy to get a look at Paine Field, which should save time for travelers who live north of Seattle. Early renderings show an airport terminal that looks like it will be much easier and more comfortable to fly out of than SeaTac (SEA), which is south of Seattle.
Alaska is taking all five gate slots from Southwest Airlines, increasing its service and commitment to the Pacific Northwest. With six gate slots, United Airlines is also planning to operate flights from PAE to San Francisco (SFO) and Denver (DEN).
To kick off the new flights, Alaska is offering a two-day sale on fares to and from Paine Field starting as low as $39 one-way plus taxes and fees. Flights to Portland (PDX) can be booked for $39, while tickets to other destinations such as Los Angeles, Las Vegas, or San Diego are priced at about $69.
Mileage Plan members can also register for a special promotion to earn double redeemable miles for all nonstop flights to and from Paine Field through March 31, 2019. Alaska’s Mileage Plan miles are some of the highest-valued miles in TPG’s valuations because of sweet spots for redemptions on its distance-based award chart and airline partners.
Alaska’s service of Paine Field in Boeing’s backyard of Everett will be provided by Horizon Air with Embraer 175 aircraft equipped with first class, premium class and main cabin economy.
There are no middle seats on the E175 — just aisle and window seats.
For an additional fee — just $35 on a dummy booking I tested — you can buy a seat in “premium class,” which includes 4 more inches of legroom than other main cabin seats, early boarding and drinks.
Alaska MVP, MVP Gold and Gold 75K Mileage Plan members will be eligible for a free upgrade to Premium Class, depending on the fare purchased.
Featured image by by 4kodiak / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees