Get $10 back after spending $40 on airport dining with this Amex offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re flying this month, this new offer for American Express cardholders will help you pass the time at the airport. An airport restaurant, that is.
From now until Dec. 31, cardholders can earn a one-time $10 statement credit after spending $40 or more at a sit-down restaurant at airport terminals across the country. It’s a good reason to forgo the grab-and-go line and treat yourself to a sit-down meal. In fact, the offer is only good if you sit down to dine. Mobile pickup orders do not qualify for the credit.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
That said, the offer does apply to some popular chains, such as Carrabba’s Italian Grill, LongHorn Steakhouse, Chili’s, Outback Steakhouse and California Pizza Kitchen. Other dining options on the list include:
- Atlanta Chophouse at Atlanta International Airport (ATL).
- Wynwood Bar at Miami International Airport (MIA).
- Emeril’s Table at New Orleans International Airport (MSY).
- Tuscany Cafe at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport (ORD).
- Soho Bistro at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK).
For a full list of participating restaurants, visit HMS Host and see if your favorites are there.
How to redeem
To redeem the offer, you must first enroll by adding the offer to your American Express card. The $40 must be spent in one transaction. And there is a limit of one credit per cardmember.
Always remember that Amex Offers can disappear before the expiration date. That’s why it’s important to enroll promptly, which guarantees that you can take advantage of the offer through the expiration date.
Another tip: Since you will only see 100 Amex Offers at a time, if you are at capacity, add offers to your card so that new ones can appear.
Start your holiday trip by indulging in some familiar comfort food at an airport dining spot, with a little help from American Express.
Featured photo by Yagi Studio/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees