Air Senegal set to launch its first-ever route to the UK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Senegal will get its first and only nonstop route to the United Kingdom. This summer, the airline plans to launch a new nonstop seasonal route between Dakar and London.
The airline will utilise one of its soon-to-be-delivered A321 aircraft on the new route as of June 26, 2020. Given that slots at London’s two largest airports — Heathrow and Gatwick — are hard to come by, Air Senegal will instead fly between London Stansted Airport (STN) and Dakar (DSS).
Related reading: 8 essential things to know before your first trip to Senegal
The STN-DSS route will be the only nonstop route between the two cities. The flights will operate on the following schedule on Fridays, Sundays and Tuesdays:
- HC411 Dakar (DSS) 12:15 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (STN) 6:25 a.m. Arrival
- HC412 London (STN) 7:50 a.m. Departure ⇒ Dakar (DSS) 2:05 p.m. Arrival
The 2,738-mile journey is scheduled to take about five hours on the outbound leg and just over seven hours on the STN-DSS leg.
Since launching in 2016 after an investment from the Senegalese government, Air Senegal has been expanding its presence — especially in Europe and western Africa. Along with this London Stansted network addition, Air Senegal also plans to launch service to Geneva (GVA) as of 18 June for the summer season. It’s also already added service to Barcelona, Paris and Marseilles.
The A321s that will soon be in Air Senegal’s fleet feature a two-class configuration: business and economy. In business class, you can expect 16 lie-flat seats, while the economy cabin features 149 standard recline seats.
In addition to the A321s that the carrier will soon take delivery of, Air Senegal also has A330s, A319s, a leased Boeing 737 and two ATR 72-600s. In addition, at the Dubai Airshow in 2019, the carrier placed an order for eight Airbus A220 aircraft, a deal worth about $730 million.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.