Air Senegal set to launch its first-ever route to the UK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Senegal will get its first and only nonstop route to the United Kingdom. This summer, the airline plans to launch a new nonstop seasonal route between Dakar and London.
The airline will utilise one of its soon-to-be-delivered A321 aircraft on the new route as of June 26, 2020. Given that slots at London’s two largest airports — Heathrow and Gatwick — are hard to come by, Air Senegal will instead fly between London Stansted Airport (STN) and Dakar (DSS).
Related reading: 8 essential things to know before your first trip to Senegal
The STN-DSS route will be the only nonstop route between the two cities. The flights will operate on the following schedule on Fridays, Sundays and Tuesdays:
- HC411 Dakar (DSS) 12:15 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (STN) 6:25 a.m. Arrival
- HC412 London (STN) 7:50 a.m. Departure ⇒ Dakar (DSS) 2:05 p.m. Arrival
The 2,738-mile journey is scheduled to take about five hours on the outbound leg and just over seven hours on the STN-DSS leg.
Since launching in 2016 after an investment from the Senegalese government, Air Senegal has been expanding its presence — especially in Europe and western Africa. Along with this London Stansted network addition, Air Senegal also plans to launch service to Geneva (GVA) as of 18 June for the summer season. It’s also already added service to Barcelona, Paris and Marseilles.
The A321s that will soon be in Air Senegal’s fleet feature a two-class configuration: business and economy. In business class, you can expect 16 lie-flat seats, while the economy cabin features 149 standard recline seats.
In addition to the A321s that the carrier will soon take delivery of, Air Senegal also has A330s, A319s, a leased Boeing 737 and two ATR 72-600s. In addition, at the Dubai Airshow in 2019, the carrier placed an order for eight Airbus A220 aircraft, a deal worth about $730 million.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees