Buy 2 tickets, save 25% on business-class and premium economy flights to Australia and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Traveling with your ride or die is double the fun — but usually also twice the cost.
But for a few days, traveling with your significant other doesn’t have to drain your bank account twice over: Air New Zealand is offering 25% off of premium economy or business-class tickets when you buy two round-trip adult fares at the same time. But move fast: This promotion ends on Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The 25% party-of-two discount applies to fares between North America and Australia or the Cook Islands, as well as the route between Los Angeles (LAX) and London (LHR). Air New Zealand has flights from seven North American cities:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Newark beginning October 2020
Wondering what it’s like to fly Air New Zealand? You can look forward to impeccable service and a “uniquely Kiwi” experience, according to TPG reviewers.
Senior writer Katie Genter gave her premium economy experience a rating of 83 out of 100, citing friendly service, a comfortable seat with great pitch, excellent meals, modern inflight entertainment and an exceptionally orderly boarding experience. TPG global news editor, Emily McNutt, gave business class a 72 out of 100 for “extremely friendly service” and a great airline lounge at London Heathrow.
Eligible fares must be booked between Feb. 12 to Feb. 14 for travel beginning between Feb. 15 through Oct. 15, 2020. All travel must be completed by Oct. 24, 2020. The promotional 25% discount only applies to the base fare price, and does not apply to airport or government fees and taxes.
Ready to hop on board? Book your getaway before Valentine’s Day. And since these discounts only apply to paid flights, be sure you pull out the right credit card to max out your earnings on travel purchases.
Here are our top suggestions:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline)
- Citi Prestige® Card (5x ThankYou points on airfare)
- Citi Premier® Card (3x ThankYou points per dollar on airfare)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points on airfare)
- American Express® Gold Card (3x points on airfare when booked directly with the airline)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x points on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees