Buy 2 tickets, save 25% on business-class and premium economy flights to Australia and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Traveling with your ride or die is double the fun — but usually also twice the cost.
But for a few days, traveling with your significant other doesn’t have to drain your bank account twice over: Air New Zealand is offering 25% off of premium economy or business-class tickets when you buy two round-trip adult fares at the same time. But move fast: This promotion ends on Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The 25% party-of-two discount applies to fares between North America and Australia or the Cook Islands, as well as the route between Los Angeles (LAX) and London (LHR). Air New Zealand has flights from seven North American cities:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Newark beginning October 2020
Wondering what it’s like to fly Air New Zealand? You can look forward to impeccable service and a “uniquely Kiwi” experience, according to TPG reviewers.
Senior writer Katie Genter gave her premium economy experience a rating of 83 out of 100, citing friendly service, a comfortable seat with great pitch, excellent meals, modern inflight entertainment and an exceptionally orderly boarding experience. TPG global news editor, Emily McNutt, gave business class a 72 out of 100 for “extremely friendly service” and a great airline lounge at London Heathrow.
Eligible fares must be booked between Feb. 12 to Feb. 14 for travel beginning between Feb. 15 through Oct. 15, 2020. All travel must be completed by Oct. 24, 2020. The promotional 25% discount only applies to the base fare price, and does not apply to airport or government fees and taxes.
Ready to hop on board? Book your getaway before Valentine’s Day. And since these discounts only apply to paid flights, be sure you pull out the right credit card to max out your earnings on travel purchases.
Here are our top suggestions:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline)
- Citi Prestige® Card (5x ThankYou points on airfare)
- Citi Premier® Card (3x ThankYou points per dollar on airfare)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points on airfare)
- American Express® Gold Card (3x points on airfare when booked directly with the airline)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x points on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.