Air New Zealand adds new ‘Economy Stretch’ product to its aircraft
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air New Zealand is reconfiguring its widebody fleet and will be adding a new seat product to its economy class called “Economy Stretch,” which will include four extra inches of legroom.
This new class option will be the in-between of basic economy with 31 inches of legroom and premium economy with 41 inches of legroom, but the price difference isn’t expected to be as stark. The exact price point still hasn’t been announced, but Chief Revenue Office Cam Wallace shared the following statement, saying “While our premium cabins will remain the first choice for those wanting all the luxuries, Economy Stretch is a step-up at a competitive price, and we’re confident it will appeal.”
Air Zealand has been continuously dedicated itself to improving the economy experience for long-haul travelers — with products like the Skycouch — and Economy Stretch was introduced to give those travelers even more options to chose from without breaking the bank.
There’s been no reports of the seat width being enlarged, but the extra legroom can make a huge difference on a long-haul flight. Economy Stretch travelers will receive the same service as the rest of the economy cabin, but according to the media release, they will receive special amenities such as a premium headset and a plush pillow.
Overall, there will be 42 stretch seats available aboard the newly reconfigured Boeing 777’s and 787’s. While no exact dates have been confirmed, Air New Zealand has stated that travelers can book these new, roomier spots in early-2020 for routes later in the year.
(Featured photo courtesy of Boeing)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees