Air France unveils new cabins for some international flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France is improving its hard product offering on several routes. The French airline announced this week that it plans to introduce new cabins on some of its Boeing 777-300 aircraft, which primarily will serve destinations in the Caribbean and Indian Ocean.
As of 15 January, the first aircraft equipped with the new cabin operated a flight from Paris (ORY) to Pointe-à-Pitre, Guadeloupe (PTP) — registered as F-GSQT. Then, on 16 January, the new cabin operated to Fort de France, Martinique (FDF). As of the summer 2020 season, the new cabin will also operate to Saint-Denis de la Réunion (RUN).
On board, passengers can expect a total of 472 seats spread across a three-cabin configuration — mostly economy, given the aircraft will largely operate in leisure markets. In business class, there are a total of 14 seats arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration.
On the surface, the upholstery of the seat looks rather similar to the relatively new seat that Air France installed on some of its A330s in 2019. However, that aircraft features a 2-2-2 configuration, while the 773 features a much-preferred 1-2-1.
This new 773 cabin features lie-flat seats, a removable partition between center seats and “do not disturb” functionality. At each seat, there’s an electric socket, two USB ports and an 18.5-inch inflight entertainment screen.
In premium economy, Air France has outfitted the cabin with 28 new seats in a 2-4-2 configuration. Each of the seats is a narrow 19 inches wide and features 130 degrees of recline.
There are adjustable footrests, legrests and headrests. Each seat also features a digital tablet stand, power outlet, two USB ports and a 13.3-inch IFE screen.
Meanwhile, in economy, passengers can expect to find a dense cabin of 430 seats in a 3-4-3 configuration. Each of the seats features nearly 17 inches of width and 118 degrees of recline.
Each of the seats also features an 11.6-inch IFE screen and USB port.
Across all cabins, passengers can expect regional dishes to accompany the renovated hard product.
The 773s are equipped with Wi-Fi. The airline offers three packages for connection: a message pass (free), Surf pass for internet searching (between $9 and $20) and a Stream pass for high-speed internet access ($33). By the end of 2020, Air France expects to have all aircraft equipped with Wi-Fi.
Featured photo courtesy of Air France.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.