Air Canada reservation migration starting Nov. 18; no ticket changes or new reservations overnight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This story has been updated with the exact times of the service outage.
Between 8pm EST on Monday, November 18 and 9am EST on Tuesday, November 19, customers will be unable to book new tickets or change existing reservations as Air Canada migrates to a new reservation system. The Air Canada website is warning guests to make any necessary changes before the update, as once the migration begins both the website and phone agents will be unable to access bookings.
The downtime also extends to both advanced seat selection and same-day flight changes, though Air Canada notes that same-day changes will be unavailable for some time. Those looking to change their flights on the day of travel will need to do so in person at an Air Canada check-in desk.
While changes and new reservations aren’t possible, Air Canada is stating that online and mobile check in and check in via kiosks will still be available. Guests will also be able to track flights online and through the app.
Passengers flying during this period may be heavily affected, especially in cases of irregular operations, such as delayed or canceled flights or missed connections. Those who will be traveling should prep themselves for longer wait times at the airport and be sure to have backup plans available in case issues occur, as Air Canada agents will have limited capability to solve problems.
Featured photo courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees