Air Canada reservation migration starting Nov. 18; no ticket changes or new reservations overnight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This story has been updated with the exact times of the service outage.
Between 8pm EST on Monday, November 18 and 9am EST on Tuesday, November 19, customers will be unable to book new tickets or change existing reservations as Air Canada migrates to a new reservation system. The Air Canada website is warning guests to make any necessary changes before the update, as once the migration begins both the website and phone agents will be unable to access bookings.
The downtime also extends to both advanced seat selection and same-day flight changes, though Air Canada notes that same-day changes will be unavailable for some time. Those looking to change their flights on the day of travel will need to do so in person at an Air Canada check-in desk.
While changes and new reservations aren’t possible, Air Canada is stating that online and mobile check in and check in via kiosks will still be available. Guests will also be able to track flights online and through the app.
Passengers flying during this period may be heavily affected, especially in cases of irregular operations, such as delayed or canceled flights or missed connections. Those who will be traveling should prep themselves for longer wait times at the airport and be sure to have backup plans available in case issues occur, as Air Canada agents will have limited capability to solve problems.
Featured photo courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.