Air Canada adds new Boston, Nashville routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada will add new connections to Boston and Nashville as it connects the dots between its hubs and major U.S. markets.
The Star Alliance carrier will offer seasonal service between Calgary (YYC) and Boston (BOS) on an Airbus A319, and Montreal (YUL) and Nashville (BNA) on an Embraer 175, Air Canada said Tuesday. The Boston route will operate from June 22 through Sept. 22 while the Nashville route runs from June 1 to Oct. 25.
In addition, Air Canada will boost service on its existing route between Vancouver (YVR) and Newark Liberty (EWR), adding second daily flight during its summer schedule.
“These destinations were chosen based on the strength of Air Canada’s North American network, allowing for quicker travel times between Canada and two of the fastest-growing economies in the U.S.,” Mark Galardo, vice-president of network planning at Air Canada, said in a statement. “Customers will be able to take advantage of plentiful connecting opportunities between our extensive domestic and global markets.”
The new routes join those planned with the debut of Air Canada’s first Airbus A220s early in 2020. The airline expects its first aircraft this month, and plans to launch nonstop service in May between Montreal and Seattle (SEA), and Toronto Pearson (YYZ) and San Jose, California, (SJC).
Air Canada’s new transborder routes feed its main hubs in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver where it offers U.S. passengers connections to destinations around the world.
No airlines fly between either Montreal and Nashville, or Calgary and Boston, according to Cirium schedule data.
Featured image courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees