The first hotel in Heathrow’s Terminal 3 opens Tuesday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
London’s Heathrow Airport has a new hotel in one of its terminals. As of Tuesday, Aerotel London Heathrow has opened its doors, making it the only in-terminal hotel in LHR’s Terminal 3.
While the new hotel, which is a member of the Plaza Premium Group, is located within Terminal 3, it also serves terminals 2, 4 and 5. More specifically, the hotel is located just off of T3 Arrivals and offers two floors, featuring a total of 82 rooms.
There are three types of room categories for travelers to choose from: Solo Plus, Double Plus and Family Room, the latter of which can fit up to four people. Each of the rooms features the normal hotel offerings like a shower, power outlets, Wi-Fi and more.
Much like the offering at the recently opened TWA Hotel at New York’s Kennedy Airport (JFK), the Aerotel Heathrow will offer daytime stays. You can book a six-hour, nine-hour, 12-hour or overnight stay, starting from £50 (~$61) including tax. Until Dec. 31, you can get 30% off your stay of nine hours or more by booking through myaerotel.com.
The Plaza Premium Group may sound familiar to frequent travelers. It’s the same group that runs Plaza Premium lounges around the world, including those at Heathrow. The Aerotel Heathrow is the group’s first hotel venture at the airport.
Terminal 3 is home to most Oneworld airlines like Qantas, American, Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines, as well as some British Airways flights. In addition, Virgin Atlantic, Delta Air Lines and Emirates operate out of Terminal 3.
Featured photo courtesy of Aerotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees