The first hotel in Heathrow’s Terminal 3 opens Tuesday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
London’s Heathrow Airport has a new hotel in one of its terminals. As of Tuesday, Aerotel London Heathrow has opened its doors, making it the only in-terminal hotel in LHR’s Terminal 3.
While the new hotel, which is a member of the Plaza Premium Group, is located within Terminal 3, it also serves terminals 2, 4 and 5. More specifically, the hotel is located just off of T3 Arrivals and offers two floors, featuring a total of 82 rooms.
There are three types of room categories for travelers to choose from: Solo Plus, Double Plus and Family Room, the latter of which can fit up to four people. Each of the rooms features the normal hotel offerings like a shower, power outlets, Wi-Fi and more.
Much like the offering at the recently opened TWA Hotel at New York’s Kennedy Airport (JFK), the Aerotel Heathrow will offer daytime stays. You can book a six-hour, nine-hour, 12-hour or overnight stay, starting from £50 (~$61) including tax. Until Dec. 31, you can get 30% off your stay of nine hours or more by booking through myaerotel.com.
The Plaza Premium Group may sound familiar to frequent travelers. It’s the same group that runs Plaza Premium lounges around the world, including those at Heathrow. The Aerotel Heathrow is the group’s first hotel venture at the airport.
Terminal 3 is home to most Oneworld airlines like Qantas, American, Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines, as well as some British Airways flights. In addition, Virgin Atlantic, Delta Air Lines and Emirates operate out of Terminal 3.
Featured photo courtesy of Aerotel.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.