Aer Lingus Now Flying Nonstop Between Minneapolis and Dublin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Irish carrier Aer Lingus has started new nonstop service between Dublin (DUB) and Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP). With the new route, which launched last week, MSP becomes the 13th US destination for Aer Lingus.
The service is currently operated using Boeing 757s, though Aer Lingus says it will switch the route to its Airbus’ A321neo aircraft by next year. Last week’s first flight was greeted at the airport in Minnesota by a ceremonial water-cannon salute and traditional Irish dancers.
Initially, Aer Lingus will operate the flight six flights per week. The airline says the service will become daily by August, offering nearly 2,500 round-trip seats per week.
Previously, Aer Lingus’s only Midwestern destination was Chicago O’Hare. For MSP, the route to the Irish capital is a first.
“This is our first ever direct, nonstop service to Dublin from MSP, so it is a historic day for us,” Brian Ryks, CEO of the Metropolitan Airport Commission (MAC) that runs MSP, said in a statement issued on July 1 launch of service. “We anticipate it will be a popular route with both business and leisure travelers.”
In addition to its 13 US destinations, Aer Lingus also flies from Dublin to Toronto. Its US destinations are: Boston; Chicago O’Hare; Hartford, Connecticut; Los Angeles; Miami; Minneapolis/St. Paul; New York JFK; Newark Liberty; San Francisco; Orlando; Seattle and Washington Dulles.
Featured image Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees