Aer Lingus Now Flying Nonstop Between Minneapolis and Dublin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Irish carrier Aer Lingus has started new nonstop service between Dublin (DUB) and Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP). With the new route, which launched last week, MSP becomes the 13th US destination for Aer Lingus.
The service is currently operated using Boeing 757s, though Aer Lingus says it will switch the route to its Airbus’ A321neo aircraft by next year. Last week’s first flight was greeted at the airport in Minnesota by a ceremonial water-cannon salute and traditional Irish dancers.
Initially, Aer Lingus will operate the flight six flights per week. The airline says the service will become daily by August, offering nearly 2,500 round-trip seats per week.
Previously, Aer Lingus’s only Midwestern destination was Chicago O’Hare. For MSP, the route to the Irish capital is a first.
“This is our first ever direct, nonstop service to Dublin from MSP, so it is a historic day for us,” Brian Ryks, CEO of the Metropolitan Airport Commission (MAC) that runs MSP, said in a statement issued on July 1 launch of service. “We anticipate it will be a popular route with both business and leisure travelers.”
In addition to its 13 US destinations, Aer Lingus also flies from Dublin to Toronto. Its US destinations are: Boston; Chicago O’Hare; Hartford, Connecticut; Los Angeles; Miami; Minneapolis/St. Paul; New York JFK; Newark Liberty; San Francisco; Orlando; Seattle and Washington Dulles.
Featured image Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.