Aer Lingus Now Flying Nonstop Between Minneapolis and Dublin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Irish carrier Aer Lingus has started new nonstop service between Dublin (DUB) and Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP). With the new route, which launched last week, MSP becomes the 13th US destination for Aer Lingus.
The service is currently operated using Boeing 757s, though Aer Lingus says it will switch the route to its Airbus’ A321neo aircraft by next year. Last week’s first flight was greeted at the airport in Minnesota by a ceremonial water-cannon salute and traditional Irish dancers.
Initially, Aer Lingus will operate the flight six flights per week. The airline says the service will become daily by August, offering nearly 2,500 round-trip seats per week.
Previously, Aer Lingus’s only Midwestern destination was Chicago O’Hare. For MSP, the route to the Irish capital is a first.
“This is our first ever direct, nonstop service to Dublin from MSP, so it is a historic day for us,” Brian Ryks, CEO of the Metropolitan Airport Commission (MAC) that runs MSP, said in a statement issued on July 1 launch of service. “We anticipate it will be a popular route with both business and leisure travelers.”
In addition to its 13 US destinations, Aer Lingus also flies from Dublin to Toronto. Its US destinations are: Boston; Chicago O’Hare; Hartford, Connecticut; Los Angeles; Miami; Minneapolis/St. Paul; New York JFK; Newark Liberty; San Francisco; Orlando; Seattle and Washington Dulles.
Featured image Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.