According to Google, These Are the Best and Worst Times to Drive Over Fourth of July
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s a jungle out there! Despite a heatwave predicted to raise nationwide temperatures nearly to the triple digits, experts anticipate this upcoming Fourth of July to break records for traffic, both in the air and down on the ground. Between gazing at fireworks and social events such as cookouts, family reunions and get-togethers with friends, nearly 47 million Americans have plans to hit the road next week.
To help drivers plan ahead and avoid the inevitable holiday traffic jams, Google Maps created an interactive guide to navigating 2018 Independence Day traffic, which offers travelers a ballpark picture of the best and worst times to leave home. The site includes national trends as well as city-specific data for 25 cities across the US.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.