10% American Airlines Rebate May Still Be Available on Your Aviator Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
A handful of American Airlines cobranded credit cards have offered a nifty perk that gets you 10% back on award redemptions (up to 10,000 miles per year), but unfortunately that’s been phased out.
The perk was slated to disappear from the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard, Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard and AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite Mastercard as of May 1, 2019, but as Miles to Memories reports, it looks like holders of the two Barclays AA credit cards may still have access to the rebate.
The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Card holders have apparently received notification that the 10% rebate is ending, but not necessarily on May 1 — rather, the end date has varied from card holder to card holder. It looks like the end date is tied to your cardmember anniversary, so if you opened your account in August, you may be able to take advantage of the rebate for a few more months.
If you have the AAdvantage Aviator Red or AAdvantage Aviator Silver, please share your own data points in the comments below. And make sure to maximize the 10% rebate by getting the full 10,000 miles back while you still can. You could book multiple short-haul awards, or spring for a premium-cabin redemption on AA or one of its partners.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.