10% American Airlines Rebate May Still Be Available on Your Aviator Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
A handful of American Airlines cobranded credit cards have offered a nifty perk that gets you 10% back on award redemptions (up to 10,000 miles per year), but unfortunately that’s been phased out.
The perk was slated to disappear from the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard, Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard and AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite Mastercard as of May 1, 2019, but as Miles to Memories reports, it looks like holders of the two Barclays AA credit cards may still have access to the rebate.
Card holders have apparently received notification that the 10% rebate is ending, but not necessarily on May 1 — rather, the end date has varied from card holder to card holder. It looks like the end date is tied to your cardmember anniversary, so if you opened your account in August, you may be able to take advantage of the rebate for a few more months.
If you have the AAdvantage Aviator Red or AAdvantage Aviator Silver, please share your own data points in the comments below. And make sure to maximize the 10% rebate by getting the full 10,000 miles back while you still can. You could book multiple short-haul awards, or spring for a premium-cabin redemption on AA or one of its partners.
Featured photo by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee