Own part of an iconic A380 with these snazzy new luggage tags
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you, too, mourning the loss of the A380?
MSN003 and MSN005, owned by Singapore Airlines and the earliest A380s in the skies, have made headlines once again as they became the first A380s to be retired. Withdrawn from service in 2017, at just 11 years old, the iconic planes are now being scrapped for parts. While that’s a sad story for any aircraft, the good news is you can at least own a part of history with luggage tags carved from their aluminum skins.
There are 7,000 tags being created, though the first round of these tags sold out in under 48 hours. If this is something you’re interested in you need to move quickly. Preorders are open for tags made from MSN005 and cost $30.
The superjumbo jet, which can hold 800 passengers across two decks, failed to catch on as a commercial success. While the plane is a hit for frequent travelers due to its size, which enables amenities such as onboard spas and bars for passengers to schmooze around, its size also has made it difficult for airlines to manage. In 2019, Airbus announced that it was ceasing production of the A380 as dragging orders made the continued manufacture of the aircraft unfeasible.
While the short-lived history of the A380 is on its way out, you can grab a piece of it before it flies away with these limited-edition luggage tags.
Feature photo by Ryan Patterson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees