A Golden Bridge Suspended by Giant Hands Is Vietnam’s New Tourist Attraction
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In central Vietnam, not far from Da Nang, travelers have discovered a gleaming gold bridge stretching across the highlands. It’s supported by giant concrete hands.
Known as Cau Vang, or “Golden Bridge” in Vietnamese, it’s one of the nation’s newest tourist attractions, having quietly opened to the public in June.
According to the AFP, the bridge, which meanders above the forested mountains, has become a social media success — much to the surprise of the architect, Vu Viet Anh.
The bridge, which is at once Instagram-worthy, beautiful and frankly, a little weird, is actually quite spiritual in design. Anh told Reuters it was meant to conjure the image of God’s “giant hands … pulling a strip of gold out of the land.”
The 490-foot-long shimmering walkway is suspended 3,280 feet above sea level, providing stunning views of the landscape and the Ba Na Hills resort town below.
Though Ba Na Hills may not be nearly as well-known as Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City (especially for international travelers) it’s a rather popular destination. In 2017, more than 2.7 million visitors flocked to the former French colonial city, according to Reuters.
Visitors will find that, in addition to the Golden Bridge, the destination is home to the world record-breaking cable car system (affording even more expansive vistas of Da Nang and the nation’s central coastline); a roller coaster and 95-foot drop ride; and a mock European village.
Anh, who is already working on a silver sister bridge that will connect to the Golden Bridge, told the AFP that he and the team at TA Landscape Architecture are “proud” of the structure’s viral fame. Like the Golden Bridge, the silver counterpart is also inspired by God. This time, God’s hair — not hands — will be the muse.
Want to check out the Golden Bridge for yourself? From Da Nang International Airport (DAD), the trip to Ba Na Hills requires an hour-long drive along some snaking mountain roads, or a slightly longer bus ride.
Featured image by LINH PHAM/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees