From Disney to Las Vegas: Free and Discounted Travel Offers for Teachers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s likely no group of people counting down to summer break more than hardworking teachers and school support staff. With schools beginning to wrap up lessons for the year, it’s time to talk about where teachers can go this summer for a little R&R — preferably with a teacher discount.
Teacher Discounts at Disney Springs Hotels
Some hotels within Disney Springs (not the actual Walt Disney World Disney Resorts, sadly) are offering teacher discounts for summer travel. These hotels provide many (but not all) of the same perks at true Disney resorts including 60-day FastPass+ reservations and Extra Magic Hours in the parks. These properties are chain properties under flags such as Wyndham, Holiday Inn and Hilton.
Rates started at about $71 per night at the Wyndham in my searches and go up from there depending on desired date and property. I could not find any bookable teacher rates available at the Hilton properties, but did find them at some other options including the B Resort, which actually looks pretty decent. The discount at the B Resort on the nights I checked was about $10 per night.
(Here are TPG’s favorite Disney Springs properties.)
Teacher Discounts at the Disney Swan and Dolphin
Perhaps even better than staying in Disney Springs is staying within walking distance to EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Disney Swan or Dolphin — both of which offer teacher (and nurse) discounts. With this one, you have to call 1-888-828-8850 to get the discount as I couldn’t find them on the website. These properties also have discounts on connecting rooms if you are traveling with the whole family — you just have to ask.
Free Theme Park Tickets for Teachers
Some theme parks offer free tickets to teachers, presumably so the teachers will want to set up a field trip with their students in the future. But regardless of the motivation, free is free!
SeaWorld Florida: Free, unlimited admission for Florida K-12 teachers through August 31, 2019.
SeaWorld San Antonio: Complimentary SeaWorld Teacher Card to all active and certified K-12 Texas grade school teachers if you register by May 31.
SeaWorld San Diego: Two one-day tickets for California and Arizona K-12 teachers, although this year’s registration date has passed.
Kennedy Space Center: Free educator study passes for teachers from Florida, Georgia, Puerto Rica and the USVI — but be sure and read the fine print.
Legoland Florida: Free Teacher Annual Pass for Florida Pre-K-Grade 12 teachers good for Legoland, Madame Tussauds Orlando and Sea Life Orlando. Upgrade to a more flexible pass that includes waterpark admission and more for $49. (Check out the TPG Guide to Legoland Florida)
Legoland California: Free teacher appreciation days for California K-12 classroom teachers on June 1-2 and June 8-12, 2019. Friends and family tickets are $52 and include the aquarium for $5 more.
Sesame Place: Free teacher pass for eligible teachers in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York and New Jersey. This year’s date has passed, but check back for future promotions.
Six Flags Reading Program: This is another program that is closed for this year, but is a possible way for students and teachers to earn tickets in the future.
New England Aquarium: Free admission for K-12 teachers and some school administrators employed in a New England school system.
Additional Travel Discounts for Teachers
Teacher travel discounts are out there if you search and ask. A few additional examples include:
- MSC Cruise: 5% discount on Interior and ocean view staterooms, 10% off balcony and suites
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort: 25% off best available rates by Aug. 31
- Caesar’s Family of Casino Resorts: 10% off for teachers (and students)
- Scott Resort and Spa in Arizona: 20% off for teachers
Teacher discounts on travel are not available everywhere, but they do exist. If you are eligible and don’t see what you want on this list, try a little searching online. If you do find another great teacher travel discount we missed, please share it here so other hardworking teachers can benefit!
Featured image by jhorrocks/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: $Up to 350 Cash Back Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $350
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Earn 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming services and 3% cash back on transit. Plus earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%) and 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed for statement credits.
- Earn 20% back on Amazon.com purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back.
- Plus, earn $150 back after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%).
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and on transit (including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more).
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.99% to 23.99%
- Plan It® gives the option to select purchases of $100 or more to split up into monthly payments with a fixed fee.
- Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees