Last chance: 3 ways to stack Saks Fifth Avenue deals before June 30
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good news: It’s still not too late to take advantage of great deals as we head into the summer.
Many retailers are keeping their deals and discounts running — and one, in particular, stands out for shoppers who love to stack rewards and promotions.
Right now, you can save 10% on your Saks Fifth Avenue order when you sign up for emails. Even better? It stacks with multiple other offers.
If you have The Platinum Card® from American Express and haven’t yet used your first Saks Fifth Avenue credit of the year (cardholders get two up to $50 statement credits, one for the first half of the year and another for the second, enrollment required) now’s a great time to make sure it doesn’t expire.
Many online shopping portals are offering elevated cash back or points bonuses, according to CashBackMonitor.com.
Rakuten, one of our favorite online shopping portals here at TPG, currently has a terrific bonus for new members — and a chance for existing members to take home some cash or American Express Membership Rewards points as well. If you join Rakuten (formerly Ebates) by May 13 and spend at least $30 within 90 days, you’ll take home a one-time bonus of $30.
Don’t forget to sign in to your Shoprunner account for free two-day shipping — another cool American Express cardholder perk when you enroll— and search for other sales and promotions that might apply. You can also usually use a free shipping code found on the Saks website if you prefer, or enter your email to receive a welcome offer (usually 10% off your first online purchase).
To save 10% for signing up for emails, just look for items that qualify. Eligible items will clearly indicate they qualify for the coupon code. The offer will arrive via email approximately 24 hours from submission and is valid on first-time email address submissions only.
Last year, I decided to take advantage of all these stackable deals and promotions to replace my carry-on suitcase which met an untimely end during a very embarrassing fall from a very great height on a recent trip.
I’ve been eyeing a Bric’s suitcase for a while, and even though it’s one of the designers excluded from most sales, the Platinum statement credit, bonus Membership Rewards points and cash back still made the suitcase much more affordable.
With this splurge, I got almost $65 in cash back from Rakuten. Factor in the $50 Platinum statement credit and the nearly 1,200 Membership Rewards points I earned from the Amex Offer (worth about $24), and I got approximately $140 in value on a bag I’ve wanted for a while. Sure, the upfront cost of the carry-on was still, well, a lot — but with the savings, credits and points, that luxury suitcase quickly became attainable. And, because you can get free shipping with the code FREESHIP (or complimentary two-day shipping with your ShopRunner benefit), you don’t have to worry about any other pesky fees.
I was in the market for a new suitcase with some very specific features, but shoppers who aren’t beholden to specific brands or products can easily get an even better deal.
Perhaps you want a new bag for your 2021 travels, like this classic zip backpack by Tory Burch for $268.
You’ll get $30 back when you go through Rakuten first. After the purchase hits your statement, you can expect another $50 from your Platinum statement credit. And, if eligible, you’ll save 10% for signing up for emails.
With savings like that, today is the perfect time to stock up on any travel items you may need in the future — or candles, home decor, shoes or beauty products. We won’t judge. And don’t forget, that $50 Saks statement credit won’t roll over to the second half of the year, so make sure to use it before it expires at the end of June.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees