Refer a friend: Earn 25,000 points for Bilt Mastercard referrals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Bilt World Elite Mastercard® is the first credit card that allows you to earn points on rent — and with no fees.
The information for the Bilt Mastercard has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Today, this New York City-based startup announced that Wells Fargo is now the official issuer of this card. This partnership has allowed applications for the previously waitlist-only Bilt Mastercard to go live for any prospective cardholder.
Coupled with this announcement, cardholders can now earn a lucrative bonus through their brand new referral program. Here are the details.
(Editor’s note: TPG founder Brian Kelly is a Bilt advisor and investor.)
Want more credit card news and advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
How to earn 25,000 points
You’ll earn 25,000 Bilt Rewards points for every five people you refer to the Bilt Mastercard. Note that they’ll also have to use the card for one transaction within the first 30 days of account opening.
Based on TPG’s valuations, each Bilt Rewards point is worth 1.8 cents apiece, making this bonus worth a tremendous $450 toward travel.
To find your exclusive referral link, visit the Bilt Rewards app. Then, share away – and cardholders can earn up to 1 million bonus points from referrals.
It’s worth noting that merely referring one friend won’t get you 5,000 bonus points. In order to earn the bonus, you’ll first need to hit the threshold of referring five people before those 25,000 Bilt Rewards points are deposited into your account.
While the Bilt Mastercard has no annual fee, there’s also no welcome bonus to draw in new applicants. Therefore, this referral program is another avenue for cardholders to rack up thousands of additional points.
After all, there are more than 100 million renters in the United States who can now earn points on this monthly expense with little to no legwork, so it’s likely that you have friends who want to get in on this lucrative program.
Bilt’s transfer partners
Since its launch in 2021, Bilt has secured an impressive list of airline and hotel transfer partners — which now numbers 11:
- American Airlines AAdvantage.
- Air Canada Aeroplan.
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (new!).
- Emirates Skywards.
- Flying Blue – Air France/KLM.
- Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles.
- IHG Hotels and Resorts.
- Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles.
- United Airlines MileagePlus (new!).
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
- World of Hyatt.
If navigating loyalty programs isn’t your thing, then you can also redeem your Bilt Rewards points for a handful of solid options, whether that’s saving toward future rent or earning a mortgage credit, fitness classes and more.
This new referral program from Bilt is great news, since applications for the Bilt Mastercard are now live for the general public thanks to its new partnership with Wells Fargo. Best of all, the 25,000 Bilt Rewards points you receive after five referrals can go a long way toward your next redemption — whether that be for a five-star Caribbean resort or a business-class flight to Asia.
Featured photo by Bilt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees