The Best Fitness Gear You Can Pack in Your Carry-on
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you’re away from home, it can be easy to throw your fitness routine aside. It’s tempting to just take the time off and forgo working out and eating right.
The problem, especially for frequent travelers, is that this begins to add up over time. Before you know it, you may have completely abandoned your healthy habits in favor of unhealthy ones.
The are many obstacles to staying fit while traveling. Hotel gyms are great, but they’re not always an option. Bodyweight workouts are extremely effective, but there are times when you just need some variety. Packing the right fitness gear when you travel can make all the difference. These seven products will keep your fitness goals on track.
Black Mountain Resistance Band Set
Resistance bands don’t get enough attention from the fitness community, and they’re often dismissed as inferior to barbells or equipment only beginners use. But the reality is that they can be a traveler’s best friend for staying fit. They take up almost no room in your luggage and weigh next to nothing, making them the perfect workout tool to pack in your carry-on. The Black Mountain Resistance Band Set is the top-selling resistance band set on Amazon and supports many workout routines, including P90X. It includes bands with interchangeable handles, a door anchor, an ankle strap and five bands with a range of resistance levels. Buy: Amazon.com
The EmPack is the first and only backpack designed for use as a weight training tool. It’s incredibly practical for travelers — it’s a backpack after all, so it does double duty as a fitness tool and a way to carry your belongings. Four bladders that can each hold 15 pounds of water or 21 pounds of sand allow you to easily add weight, and it’s made from military-grade materials, so you know it’s durable. Use it as a barbell, dumbbell, kettlebell or to add weight to your favorite bodyweight exercises. Buy: theempack.com, from $150
Monkii Bars 2
Incorporating fitness gear into travel workouts can be tricky, but Monkii Bars 2 are the perfect tool that can go just about anywhere and still give you a killer workout. They’re strong but light (nine ounces), and the setup is easy. Monkii Bars pack up easily into your carry-on and are meant to be hung from a door, ceiling beam, tree branch or other secure spot. The workouts you get using Monkii Bars are highly effective. You can also download the Monkii app on your phone for curated videos, including hotel workouts, park workouts and a so-called “workout in the wild.” Buy: monkii.com, $200
BeMaxx Fitness Speed Rope
Jumping rope is a great way to burn a ton of calories quickly and is perfect for travelers. You’ll drive your heart rate up, boost your metabolism and burn off fat with a tiny piece of equipment that takes up almost no space in your carry-on. The BeMaxx Fitness Speed Rope is a quality speed rope with 90-degree ball bearings that allow for quick turning, while anti-slip handles allow for a comfortable, firm grip. Adjustable wire cables are premium quality and easily replaceable. This rope also comes with a free workout guide to get you jumping rope like a pro. Buy: be-maxx.com, €10 ($12)
While the other products on this list are meant for use without a gym, this one is included specifically for travelers who do have access to a gym, and love kettlebells. Because let’s face it, not too many hotel gyms have them. But if you travel with the Kettle Gryp, you’ll be able to turn any dumbbell into a kettlebell. The Kettle Gryp is a dumbbell adapter designed to fit onto dumbbells and turn them into kettlebells. It’s small, lightweight (less than one pound) and easily fits in a carry-on. Buy: Amazon.com
(Image via Amazon)
Morph Collapsible Foam Roller
Rolling your muscles with a foam roller is a great way to flush toxins and relieve trigger points. This will not only improve your overall performance, but also speed up recovery. Unfortunately, most foam rollers aren’t exactly travel-friendly. The Morph Collapsible Foam Roller by Brazyn, however, is perfect for travelers. It collapses, making it portable and easy to pack in your carry-on. And despite weighing under two pounds, it’s durable enough to withstand some heavy rolling. Buy: Brazynlife.com, $68
Invented by a Navy SEAL on deployment, TRX suspension training straps are great for travel workouts. TRX produces a few variations of their popular straps, but the TRX Tactical is the best choice for travelers, especially members of the military and those who love the outdoors. That’s because the Tactical set is the most rugged suspension trainer from TRX, able to withstand the punishment that comes with heavy travel and outdoor exposure. It’s lightweight, easy to set up and comes with a suspension anchor and door anchor. Buy: Store.trxtraining.com, $250
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees