Deal alert: West Coast cities to Hawaii under $250 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re on the West Coast and have been on the lookout for an affordable trip to Hawaii, now could be the time to book. Hawaiian and United are offering deals for travel in early 2022 from several U.S. cities. With fares starting at under $250 round-trip, you could be flying across the Pacific in no time.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Secret Flying first reported the offers, which are available in January and February 2022.
Airlines: Hawaiian and United Airlines.
Routes: SEA/SFO/LAS/LAX/PDX to HNL.
How to book: Directly through airlines’ sites or via Google Flights.
Travel dates: January to February 2022.
The following deals are for Main Cabin Basic seats on Hawaiian Airlines, which include a carry-on. The Basic Economy ticket on United does not. Both airlines will charge an additional fee for seat selection and checked bags.
Californians flying out of Los Angeles can snag a round-trip flight on Hawaiian Airlines from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) at $166 from the end of January to the beginning of February.
Travelers flying from San Francisco have options for nonstop flights on Hawaiian and United from San Francisco International airport (SFO) to Honolulu (HNL) starting at $167 round-trip from the end of January to the beginning of February.
At the end of January, we found flights for $184 round-trip from Portland (PDX) to Honolulu (HNL) with one stop in San Francisco.
When Seattle gets gloomy in January, sunshine may be just what the doctor ordered. United can get you from Seattle (SEA) to Honolulu (HNL) for $230 round-trip.
(Screenshot courtesy of Google Flights)
Hawaiians love to visit Las Vegas. Now, residents of Sin City can reciprocate for a little over $250. United has flights from Las Vegas (LAS) to Honolulu (HNL) throughout February with a stop in Los Angeles (LAX).
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Temperatures in the high 70s, tropical flowers, whale watching and monster North Shore waves that attract the world’s best surfers. Those are but a few reasons to head to Hawaii in the winter, and these deals will help you get there.
Remember that Hawaii has stricter requirements for travelers. All the details on what you need to know prior to visiting Hawaii are here.
Featured image by okimo/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees