Deal alert: West Coast cities to Canada from $166
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When booking travel to Canada, some notable cities might come to mind such as Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. But Calgary is a metropolis that might be a hidden gem for travelers. United is offering some discounted fares from a few West Coast cities to Calgary, located in the southern part of the Canadian province of Alberta, starting below $200 round-trip.
The Flight Deal alerted us about the basic economy class fares to Calgary, which can be booked for travel throughout June.
Routes: LAS/PDX/SFO to YYC
How to book: Directly through the airline or through Google Flights
Travel dates: June
The deals below are for basic economy flights on United, which include a standard seat and a carry-on. Checked baggage and other extras will cost a fee.
The cheapest and shortest flight we found was from San Francisco (SFO) to Calgary (YYC) for $166 round-trip.
Flights from Portland (PDX) to Calgary (YYC) are $247 round-trip. The deal below includes short stops in San Francisco (SFO) each way.
Travelers can go from Las Vegas (LAS) to Calgary (YYC) for $293 round-trip. The trip below has a layover for over four hours in Denver (DEN) on the departure flight and a shorter stop in San Francisco (SFO) on the return.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you find yourself in Calgary, be sure to check out the tallest building, Calgary Tower, for views of the city. Don’t miss out on this deal to this unique destination in Canada.
Featured image by Rebecca Schortinghuis /Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees