Deal alert: Fly to Belize round-trip for under $220
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Beaches, beautiful rain forests, Mayan ruins and a renowned barrier reef are but a few reasons why Belize should be in your travel sights. Add to that the fact that Belize is the only Central American country that is primarily English-speaking. And did we mention that you can get there for a song, thanks to these deals from United and American Airlines? Airfares from U.S. cities are available for less than $220.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here.
Our friends at Secret Flying first spotted these deals to Belize City (BZE), which are available from now through June 2022 (except for Christmas and New Year’s).
Airlines: United and American Airlines.
Routes: DCA/DFW/PHL to BZE.
How to book: Directly on airline sites or Google Flights.
Travel dates: December 2021-June 2022 (not including Christmas/New Year’s).
Availability in December is limited, but if you’re able to jump on this deal, you can make it to Belize City (BZE) from Dallas (DFW) for $217 round-trip on United. The flights are operated by United Express, and involve one stop each way. This is a United basic economy ticket, which means you will have to pay for a seat assignment, carry-on bag and checked bag.
We found availability in February on American Airlines from Philadelphia (PHL) to Belize City (BZE) with a stop in Miami for $212 round-trip. This basic economy fare allows you one free carry-on.
Phoenix (PHX) to Belize (BZE) is available on American for $212 round-trip. We found some limited dates (also in basic economy) in December 2021 and January 2022.
American also has basic economy availability from Washington, D.C. (DCA), at $213 round-trip throughout April 2022.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Belize may be one of Central America’s best-kept secrets. That’s what makes this deal all the more enticing, especially if you can travel on short notice. Scuba enthusiast or not, who wouldn’t want to be exploring one of the world’s greatest barrier reefs before the week is out? Make sure to act quickly, before these seats are gone.
Featured photo by Tegra Stone Neuss/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees