TAP Portugal flash sale: Fly lie-flat to Europe starting at $1,615 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TAP Portugal is running a fantastic 20% off sale on all of its economy and business class flights from now until February 5.
We’re seeing several transatlantic deals for under $400 round-trip, and even some deals to Africa for around $500, but you’re probably here for cheap, lie-flat business class fares. We’re seeing round-trip, some nonstop, deals to cities like Lisbon (LIS), Porto (OPO) and Barcelona (BCN) for $1,615 using the promo code SPRING20.
We first discovered the deals from New York to Lisbon at Traveling For Miles.
You can search for the deals directly on TAP’s site, but I found it to be clunky and unreliable. I ran a Google Flights search to find availability and then entered the dates along with the promo code on the website to find the cheapest fares. The deals are available from March 1 to March 30, 2020, and again from April 21 to May 31, 2020.
Many of the tickets are on TAP’s new Airbus A330-900neo, which TPG’s Brendan Dorsey reviewed last spring. Remember that TAP is a member of Star Alliance, and you’ll earn miles based on the distance flown and a percentage of the fare class.
To search, head to TAP’s site or Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline and don’t forget to use the promo code SPRING20.
Airline: TAP Portugal
Routes: JFK/EWR/IAD/BOS/ORD – LIS/OPO/BCN/MAD
Cost: $1,615+ round-trip in business
Dates: March-May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) for $1,615 round-trip in business:
Newark (EWR) to Madrid (MAD) for $1,616 round-trip in business:
New York (JFK) to Lisbon (LIS) for $1,697 round-trip nonstop in business:
Boston (BOS) to Porto (OPO) for $1,702 round-trip in business:
New York (JFK) to Porto (OPO) for $1,785 round-trip in business:
Chicago (ORD) to Lisbon (LIS) for $1,786 round-trip nonstop in business:
Washington (IAD) to Lisbon (LIS) for $2,009 round-trip nonstop in business:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Brendan Dorsey/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees