Phoenix to Palm Springs, Denver to Santa Barbara and more: Fly this spring from $39 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Wanna Spring Getaway?” Well, don’t you worry because Southwest Airlines has got you covered with their “New Year, New Sale,” offering one-way fares starting at $39 for travel through mid-May, including over spring break.
Although you’ll find some $39 fares, you’ll likely find a mix of fares ranging from $39 to $99 each way.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airline: Southwest Airlines.
Routes: ATL/BWI/PHX/LAS/DEN and others to ECP/SYR/PSP/BLI/SBA and others.
How to book: Directly through the airline.
Travel dates: Valid for travel Jan. 18 — May. 18, 2022.
Book by: 11:59 p.m. CT on Jan. 6, 2022
Note that travel must be arranged at least 14 days in advance and is valid for travel within the continental U.S. as well as to/from Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Blackout days apply and most sale fares are only available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Fares are nonrefundable but may be used toward future SWA travel.
Related: 13 of the best beaches in Florida
One-way sale fares can be found for various routes, including:
- $39 nonstop fare between Atlanta (ATL) and Panama City Beach (ECP).
- $39 nonstop fare between Baltimore (BWI) and Syracuse (SYR).
- $39 nonstop fare between Phoenix (PHX) and Palm Springs (PSP).
- $59 nonstop fare between Las Vegas (LAS) and Bellingham (BLI).
- $89 nonstop fare between Denver and Santa Barbara (SBA).
To search for this deal, begin by looking at SWA’s ‘Low Fare Calendar,’ which outlines the lowest priced fares by month. I searched the ATL — ECP route, which yielded availability for both February and March, although fares were slightly higher overall in March because of spring break.
From there, simply select your desired dates of travel. There was only one nonstop on each day, which was also the case for other routes I searched.
This ‘Wanna Get Away’ fare would cost roughly $80 total.
Rapid Rewards members can also redeem this deal by viewing fares in points versus dollars. A $39 fare would cost 1,883 RR points; a $59 fare would be 3,427 RR points and a $94 fare would be 6,129 RR miles, plus $5.60 in taxes and fees.
Be sure to use TPG’s monthly points valuations to help determine whether it would be a better deal to use RR points or cash. In this case, using points would save you between $2 —5 depending on the fare.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel), the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel) or the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card for 3x on Southwest Airlines purchases. Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This deal includes the availability of fares over spring break, which is rare. Act now to book your travel by Jan. 6.
Featured photo by Crystal Bolin Photography via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees