Amazing business and first class deal alert: London to Asia and Africa from $1,418 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Business and first class for about as cheap as it gets. These special deals are only valid for two people and include round-trip flights from London to Hong Kong from $1,418 in business class, and for those of you who want to step it up a notch in first class, $1,931round trip to Delhi. The fares are available as early as this month and run right through the year, including most dates during school holidays.
All you need to do is find an equally avid traveller to go with you between the dates stipulated and you can be off on an amazing adventure to destinations across the globe — all while travelling in some of the best style, comfort and class available in the sky.
The Points Guy team recently reviewed first class on Swiss’ Boeing 777 and business class on the A330 — both received good ratings. In terms of Swiss’ first-class options, The Points Guy himself, Brian Kelly, rates Swiss’ 777-300 its best first-class product, which it uses on routes such as Bangkok and Hong Kong.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips, subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Swiss first class is almost impossible to book with miles or points, so this is an amazing deal if you’ve ever wanted to try such a well-regarded product.
Regarding where to credit this deal, the business-class fares book into P class on both Lufthansa and Swiss, which earn 100% redeemable miles in most Star Alliance programmes. TPG values miles in most of these programmes around 1.0-1.3 cents. Based on the mileage flown for the Bangkok and Hong Kong business-class examples below, you would earn around 12,500 redeemable miles in the programme of your choice.
For the first-class fares, which credit to A fare class, they earn various amounts depending on the programme to which you choose to credit. Some of the best options include United MileagePlus and Turkish Miles & Smiles (200%) and a massive 300% to Aegean Airlines Miles&Bonus and TAP Portugal Miles & Go.
Routes: LHR to BKK/DAR/DEL/HKG
Cost: $1,418+ round-trip per person in business class; $1,931+ round-trip per person in first class
Travel Dates: January to November
Here is an example of what you can book:
London (LHR) to Hong Kong (HKG) for $1,418 round-trip in business with Swiss (two people traveling):
London (LHR) to Bangkok (BKK) for $1,931 round-trip in business with Swiss (two people traveling):
London (LHR) to Dar es Salaam (DAR) for $1,824 round-trip in first with Swiss (two people traveling):
London (LHR) to Delhi (DEL) for $1,931 round-trip in first with Swiss (two people traveling):
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees