Winter Deal alert: Fly to St. Lucia for under $300
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
St. Lucia is one of the most beautiful Caribbean destinations — and also one of the most expensive. So when the opportunity arises to book a ticket for as much as 50% off normal prices, you shouldn’t let it pass you by.
This latest deal is for winter travel on American and Delta from New York and Philadelphia — and really, don’t we all wish we could get away to St. Lucia during winter? You can also find discounted fares for travel into the fall. St. Lucia is beautiful year-round, but visiting during the high season from December through April is when the island’s weather is especially dry and sunny.
The sale is for American and Delta basic economy tickets, which means you get a carry-on but no seat assignment. Upgrades are available that will let you pick your seat and give you the flexibility to change your travel without penalty.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
A tip of the cap to our pals at Thrifty Traveler for alerting us to this great deal, which they sent out to their premium subscribers. The discounted fare site’s premium service is available for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually. This membership fee can pay for itself since you’ll get notified about cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals.
Nonmembers can find sale prices by using Google Flights to search for routes on dates you want to travel.
Airlines: American, Delta
Routes: EWR/JFK/LGA/PHL to St. Lucia (UVF)
Cost: From $285
Dates: Flights available from February – April and August – December
We found fares from NYC out of Kennedy Airport (JFK) to St. Lucia (UVF) in March for $285 round-trip on American. As noted above, the sale prices are the more restrictive basic economy ones but you can also upgrade for $80 to a coach fare, which is still a significant savings from normal prices.
If you can’t wait until March to get away from the frigid temperatures in New York City, fares out of LaGuardia Airport (LGA) to St. Lucia can also be booked for travel in February for $285 on American.
Let’s cover all our bases in the Tri-State area and show you an absolute steal of a deal if you prefer to fly out of Newark (EWR). You can book a trip from New Jersey to St. Lucia in April for $288 round-trip on Delta. This ticket usually costs over $600, so you’re saving quite a bit of money if your travel schedule aligns.
The best availability for these sub-$300 fares to St. Lucia was in March. This American itinerary out of Philadelphia (PHL) for early March is an incredible deal that saves you more than 50% off regular prices.
We also came across Philadelphia-St. Lucia fares in February for $288 round-trip on Delta.
This fare deal also includes travel from August through December. Below are details on an August flight out of Philadelphia. This round-trip ticket usually costs around $800, but you can book now for just $288.
Finally, a December fare from NYC (JFK) to St. Lucia on American is only $285 round-trip. That’s an absurd savings of more than $600 for a trip during the best time to visit the island nation.
It’s such a good price that even paying the $80 to upgrade to Main Cabin still makes this a fantastic deal.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Westend61/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees