Southwest spring break deal alert: Hawaii inter-island flights from $39, mainland from $49 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest is offering yet another widespread sale for select travel dates between February and June. Although advertised fares for this sale are discounted between March 17-May 20, we found several examples of discounted flights on dates outside of that range. So check for your preferred destination and dates; you might be pleasantly surprised.
Hawaii interisland fares begin at $39 or 2,139 Rapid Rewards points one way, while mainland fares begin at $49 one-way and $98 round-trip, or 2,830 Rapid Rewards points each way. Hawaii fares to and from the mainland begin at $139 one-way or $278 round-trip nonstop from the West Coast.
To find a deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Routes: between SAN/OAK/SJU/DAL/LGA/MSY/HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH/ITO and more
Cost: from $39 one-way (for inter-island Hawaii flights)
Dates: February to June 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel ), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of specific flights that are available:
Honolulu (HNL) to Maui (OGG) for $78 round-trip nonstop:
San Francisco (SFO) to Los Angeles (LAX) for $98 round-trip nonstop:
Dallas (DAL) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $134 round-trip nonstop:
Austin (AUS) to Los Angeles (LAX) for $150 round-trip nonstop:
New York (LGA) to New Orleans (MSY) for $188 round-trip nonstop:
St. Louis (STL) to Orlando (MCL) for $227 round-trip nonstop:
Oakland (OAK) to Maui (OGG) for $278 round -trip nonstop:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Allard Schager/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.