Round-trip to Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia from $508 on ANA and other alliance airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now’s the perfect time to visit Chiang Mai, Hanoi, Bangkok, Singapore or Kuala Lumpur. Hit the beaches, nosh on street food, and explore a new city — or country — for less than the cost of a week’s rent in New York City. The lowest fares are from Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) on ANA for $521 round-trip if purchased directly from the carrier, or just $508 round-trip if purchased through a third-party site like Bravofly or Gotogate (use a credit card with trip protection if you do this).
None of these routes pass through cities with quarantine restrictions that have been imposed in response to the coronavirus.
Many of these fares are in basic economy. Basic economy means different things to different airlines. You may not have free use of the overhead bins for a carry-on bag, and you probably won’t be able to select your seat, get an upgrade, or earn Premier Qualifying Miles, Premier Qualifying Segments or Premier Qualifying Dollars. However, it’s possible to add a few amenities to a basic economy trip by having elite status or a cobranded credit card.
To find a deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar to find dates and prices. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: United, ANA, Asiana, Korean Air, Delta
Routes: LAX/SFO/EWR/JFK and more to BKK/HAN/KUL/SIN/CNX
Cost: from $508 round-trip in economy
Dates: February 2020-May 2020
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of specific flights that are available:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) for $508 round-trip on ANA via Bravofly:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $510 round-trip on ANA via Gotogate:
San Francisco (SFO) to Hanoi (HAN) for $560 round-trip on Asiana via Orbitz:
San Francisco (SFO) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) for $583 round-trip on Asiana via Orbitz:
New York-JFK to Chiang Mai (CNX) for $607 round-trip on Delta:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees