Incredible deal alert: Fly Qsuite to Europe for as low as $2,156 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If flying Qatar’s Qsuite business class is on your list, then you may want to read this. We’re seeing round-trip flights from several U.S. cities to Europe (via Doha) on Qatar for under $2,200 round-trip. That’s right: you can fly Qsuite at a fraction of the normal paid ticket price.
Qsuite is considered the best business-class product in the world and recently took home the TPG Awards prize for Best International Business Class again in 2019.
While (relatively) inexpensive business class flights to Europe are always tempting, this is also a solid mileage-run opportunity if you’re trying to get or keep American status this year, as you can credit Qatar flights to American Airlines.
We’re seeing deals from New York (JFK), Philadelphia (PHL) and Atlanta (ATL). Note that Atlanta is currently operating with a non-Qsuite Boeing 777-200LR through April 30, before switching to a Boeing 777-200LR with Qsuites on May 1. You’ll want to make sure you book your ticket after that date to get the Qsuite product.
The deal from New York to Athens was first reported by Running With Miles.
If you hold The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, or The Centurion Card from American Express you have access to the International Airline Program (IAP) so make sure you check Amex Travel first, which can save you hundreds. For instance, I found the flight to Belgrade for less than $2,220 round-trip, even though Google Flights priced the same ticket for $100 more.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or Amex’s IAP program.
Routes: JFK/PHL/ATL – BEG/ATH/OTP
Cost: $2,156+ round-trip in business
Dates: Select dates between February and November 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Belgrade (BEG) for $2,156 round-trip in Qatar Qsuite:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Athens (ATH) for $2,293 round-trip in Qatar Qsuite:
New York (JFK) to Bucharest (OTP) for $2,301 round-trip in Qatar Qsuite:
New York (JFK) to Athens (ATH) $2,315 round-trip in Qatar Qsuite:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees