Incredible deal alert: Fly Qsuite to Europe for as low as $2,156 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If flying Qatar’s Qsuite business class is on your list, then you may want to read this. We’re seeing round-trip flights from several U.S. cities to Europe (via Doha) on Qatar for under $2,200 round-trip. That’s right: you can fly Qsuite at a fraction of the normal paid ticket price.
Qsuite is considered the best business-class product in the world and recently took home the TPG Awards prize for Best International Business Class again in 2019.
While (relatively) inexpensive business class flights to Europe are always tempting, this is also a solid mileage-run opportunity if you’re trying to get or keep American status this year, as you can credit Qatar flights to American Airlines.
We’re seeing deals from New York (JFK), Philadelphia (PHL) and Atlanta (ATL). Note that Atlanta is currently operating with a non-Qsuite Boeing 777-200LR through April 30, before switching to a Boeing 777-200LR with Qsuites on May 1. You’ll want to make sure you book your ticket after that date to get the Qsuite product.
The deal from New York to Athens was first reported by Running With Miles.
If you hold The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, or The Centurion Card from American Express you have access to the International Airline Program (IAP) so make sure you check Amex Travel first, which can save you hundreds. For instance, I found the flight to Belgrade for less than $2,220 round-trip, even though Google Flights priced the same ticket for $100 more.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or Amex’s IAP program.
Routes: JFK/PHL/ATL – BEG/ATH/OTP
Cost: $2,156+ round-trip in business
Dates: Select dates between February and November 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Belgrade (BEG) for $2,156 round-trip in Qatar Qsuite:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Athens (ATH) for $2,293 round-trip in Qatar Qsuite:
New York (JFK) to Bucharest (OTP) for $2,301 round-trip in Qatar Qsuite:
New York (JFK) to Athens (ATH) $2,315 round-trip in Qatar Qsuite:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.